Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "The Butterfly Effect"...too loud?

"The Butterfly Effect"...too loud?

Maverick Dude

Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The Butterfly Effect" was too loud?
I kept having to lower the volume (and bass) during the intense scenes.
This was very reminiscent to the very loud "Underworld".

lrulan

"Maverick Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The Butterfly Effect" was too loud?
> I kept having to lower the volume (and bass) during the intense scenes.
> This was very reminiscent to the very loud "Underworld".

Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat jump 2 feet in the air while
watching that movie everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I was in the
kitchen at the time and the sound wasn't that loud in there.

Maverick Dude

>>Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The
>> Butterfly Effect" was too loud? I kept having to
>> lower the volume (and bass) during the intense
>> scenes. This was very reminiscent to the very
>> loud "Underworld".

>Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat
> jump 2 feet in the air while watching that movie
> everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I
> was in the kitchen at the time and the sound
> wasn't that loud in there.

I had to lower the dynamic range, I guess mostly everyone in this
newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining.

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"Maverick Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The
> >> Butterfly Effect" was too loud? I kept having to
> >> lower the volume (and bass) during the intense
> >> scenes. This was very reminiscent to the very
> >> loud "Underworld".

> >Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat
> > jump 2 feet in the air while watching that movie
> > everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I
> > was in the kitchen at the time and the sound
> > wasn't that loud in there.

> I had to lower the dynamic range, I guess mostly everyone in this
> newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining.

Maybe it's just simply a matter of film quality. I am quite sure the average
person in the NG won't buy this dvd cause it just isn't all that great. When
it was released theatrically, the movie took a dive bomb so "loud" I could
hear it at the end of my street. Interesting idea that is poorly executed.
What ended up was not what the producers wanted I am sure. Everyone has
their own taste so I am not knocking the poster here. I am responding to the
comment that the poster stated "...I guess mostly everyone in this
newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining". You are
the only one complaining cause you are one of the few that own this dvd.

Rutgar

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:54:37 -0600, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Maverick
Dude) wrote:

>>>Did anyone think that soundtrack to "The
>>> Butterfly Effect" was too loud? I kept having to
>>> lower the volume (and bass) during the intense
>>> scenes. This was very reminiscent to the very
>>> loud "Underworld".

>>Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat
>> jump 2 feet in the air while watching that movie
>> everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I
>> was in the kitchen at the time and the sound
>> wasn't that loud in there.

>I had to lower the dynamic range, I guess mostly everyone in this
>newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining.

Mybe it's just as simple as no one in this group wants to watch a
movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.

- Rutgar

Eric R.

"Tad Bitt§ļ£" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bkaIc.1$(E-Mail Removed) ers.com>...

> the movie took a dive bomb so "loud" I could
> hear it at the end of my street.

I'm told a couple of cosomonauts actually saw it from space.

-Eric

Eric R.

Rutgar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> Mybe it's just as simple as no one in this group wants to watch a
> movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.

I don't want to watch one of his movies, but I would like to punch him
in the face--repeatedly, if possible. I suppose that makes me sort of
a fan.

-Eric

Jeff Hansman

Ah, Ashton Kutcher. The new Keanu Reeves.

"Rutgar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>Is that what the problem was? Heh, I saw my cat
> >> jump 2 feet in the air while watching that movie
> >> everytime that BOOM came on the soundtrack. I
> >> was in the kitchen at the time and the sound
> >> wasn't that loud in there.

> >I had to lower the dynamic range, I guess mostly everyone in this
> >newsgroup prefer loud, since I seem to be the only one complaining.

> Mybe it's just as simple as no one in this group wants to watch a
> movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.
>
> - Rutgar

Maverick Dude

>Mybe it's just as simple as no one in this group
> wants to watch a movie with Ashton Kutcher in it.

>- Rutgar

Well, I wasn't interested in seeing a film with Ashton Kutcher either,
but I decided to give it a spin, and ended up thoroughly enjoying the
film, but that's JMHO. Anyway, I also listened to the commentary, and
was surprised to find out that the director intentionally mastered the
soundtrack louder than usual in order to make the film more intense.

So, in conclusion, I have found the answer to my question, even though
the soundtrack is "still" too loud.

Butterfly. tednat Digital Photography 15 08-30-2004 12:54 PM
New Releases: La Dolce Vita, 50 First Dates & Butterfly Effect: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 04-08-2004 04:08 AM
Brucies Butterfly page WayneandMaureen HTML 2 02-25-2004 09:12 PM
Please Comment on Your Experiences with Butterfly Photo frank1492 Digital Photography 3 07-24-2003 12:43 AM
Comments on Butterfly Video frank1492 Digital Photography 0 07-21-2003 06:02 PM

Advertisments