Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > MP3 Files on a DVD Disk??

MP3 Files on a DVD Disk??

Lucky Dog

I'm converting all the oldie songs from my CD collection to MP3 files.
Can I put them all on a blank 4 GB DVD disk? Will they play in a
regular MP3 player?

Thanks for any advice.

Rich Clark

"Lucky Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm converting all the oldie songs from my CD collection to MP3 files.
> Can I put them all on a blank 4 GB DVD disk? Will they play in a
> regular MP3 player?

You can put the files on a DVD. (You can write any files to a DVD; data is
data.)

They will only play on a DVD player that supports MP3 playback from burned
DVDs, something many players cannot do. www.videohelp.com has a useful
compatibility list for DVD players.

If your last question is about flash-memory type MP3 players (rather than
MP3/CD players) then it's rare these days to find ripping software that
can't encode files that are compatible with most any player. And there are
so many ripping apps out there that it's easy to find one that creates files
compatible with your player.

RichC

Lucky Dog

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your reply. I just finished converting all of my MP3's.
Then I tried to burn them onto a blank DVD disk, but Nero said I was
using the wrong type of disk. What do I need to do differently? I
chose the CD mode.

Thanks again!

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:06:56 -0400, "Rich Clark"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Lucky Dog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I'm converting all the oldie songs from my CD collection to MP3 files.
>> Can I put them all on a blank 4 GB DVD disk? Will they play in a
>> regular MP3 player?

>You can put the files on a DVD. (You can write any files to a DVD; data is
>data.)
>
>They will only play on a DVD player that supports MP3 playback from burned
>DVDs, something many players cannot do. www.videohelp.com has a useful
>compatibility list for DVD players.
>
>If your last question is about flash-memory type MP3 players (rather than
>MP3/CD players) then it's rare these days to find ripping software that
>can't encode files that are compatible with most any player. And there are
>so many ripping apps out there that it's easy to find one that creates files
>compatible with your player.
>
>RichC

Lucky Dog

Please disregard my questions below. I've figured it out. I need to
choose the DVD data mode.