Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "A Hard Day's Night" DVD

"A Hard Day's Night" DVD

Opticreep

I read that the Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night" will be released on DVD
this week.

It's funny, because you would expect a remastered sountrack CD to be
released alongside the DVD. But that ain't happening, because Apple
(or EMI or whoever) is still holding back any remastered Beatles
product for some grand scheme to maximize their earning potential, or
somesuch. I suppose that most of the original Beatles fans will be
dead, dying, or deaf, from aging by then.

So anyway...

Is there any way to rip and preserve the 5.1 (or DTS) sountrack from a
DVD like "A Hard Day's Night"? Hell, I'd like to rip the DTS track
off of my Beatles Anthology DVDs and the upcoming "Help!" and "Let it
Be" DVD as well, then post them on peer-to-peer networks for sharing,
piracy, and copyright violations galore just to spite these record
companies. Maybe if they see half the Beatles catalogue available
online in remastered, remixed, 5.1 surround track for FREE, they'd be
"encouraged" to offer music fans something better than 1987 half-assed
CD transfers from almost two decades ago still retailing for $16.99.

MickAugust

Hear! Hear! It's ABOUT TIME someone finally said what has been hush-hush for
so long.... that the REAL reason for the downfall of the music biz is RECORD
COMPANY GREED!

Mick

>Maybe if they see half the Beatles catalogue available
>online in remastered, remixed, 5.1 surround track for FREE, they'd be
>"encouraged" to offer music fans something better than 1987 half-assed
>CD transfers from almost two decades ago still retailing for $16.99.

Derek Janssen

Opticreep wrote:

> I read that the Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night" will be released on DVD
> this week.

...Yep, looks like '02's going be a great year, what with the leaves
turning, and all the kids going back to school in September!

Now that Bush's troops're back from Afghanistan, looks like I better get
some gas in my car--gee, it's up to $1.49 already--and go down to see
"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" in the theater!

Derek Janssen (say, d'you think they'll ever put "Star Wars" on disk,
maybe in time for Episode 2?)

jables

On 7 Jul 2004 15:19:26 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Opticreep) wrote:

I sent you an e-mail regarding ripping 5.1 from DVD's. Look out for
it.

Jables

Bailin

I'm confused...I've got A Hard Days' Night right here on my shelf.

--
Don't eat yellow dirt.