Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HD Inputs (1080i/576P)** when connected to a HD Digital receiver ?

HD Inputs (1080i/576P)** when connected to a HD Digital receiver ?

OCZ Guy

Just a question about DVD picture quality.

What would a normal DVD be 576,1080 ect ?

And if you have a normal TV versus a TV with a STB standard def would
their be a difference in DVD picture quality, and if you have a HIDEF
box better picture even again ?

Just confused ?

If you know what iam talking about let me know

Thanks.

OCZ Guy

And f the TV suports 576,1080 does it need a STB to view DVDS in that
detail, but need the box to view TV ?

totaly confused here.

What The!

Normal DVD players would be 576i, or 576p for progressive (generally)
Haveing a High Def box makes no difference to DVD quality.
Having a player that will upscale the output is kind of pointless but there
are ones around that do it, none that come to mind.

"OCZ Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Just a question about DVD picture quality.
>
> What would a normal DVD be 576,1080 ect ?
>
> And if you have a normal TV versus a TV with a STB standard def would
> their be a difference in DVD picture quality, and if you have a HIDEF
> box better picture even again ?
>
> Just confused ?
>

> If you know what iam talking about let me know
>
> Thanks.

Mark Jones

"What The!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:geFGc.81755$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Normal DVD players would be 576i, or 576p for progressive (generally)
> Haveing a High Def box makes no difference to DVD quality.
> Having a player that will upscale the output is kind of pointless but

there
> are ones around that do it, none that come to mind.

The quality of the decoding system in an HDTV can improve the
image quality over a standard analog TV and the quality of the
DVD player can actually make a visible difference.

My HDTV has a built-in line-doubler that improves the quality
of DVD images and my DVD player has a processor that is
fast enough to generate a cleaner signal than what I get
with my older DVD players.

Biz

DVD is at most 720x480 NTSC or 720x576PAL and it can be as low as
352x240NTSC. Some HDTV's will upconvert the signals....so a normal dvd would
be 480NTSC/576PAL