Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Jaws: The Revenge, Release Differences?

Jaws: The Revenge, Release Differences?

Aphelion

Strictly from a collector's standpoint, as this is not a good movie by any
stretch of the imagination... what's the difference between the Universal
DVD and the Goodtimes release? Do they contain different footage or scenes?

Aphelion

Brian The Demolition Man Little

Aphelion wrote:
> Strictly from a collector's standpoint, as this is not a good movie
> by any stretch of the imagination... what's the difference between
> the Universal DVD and the Goodtimes release? Do they contain
> different footage or scenes?
>
> Aphelion

I would assume the Universal release has better picture and sound
since its from Universal. That and having to sit thru at least three
previews
before you are allowed to the main menu.

--
Brian The Demolition Man Little
TNAImpact.com Columnist & Message Board Mod

Mike Kohary

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 00:33:07 GMT, "Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Strictly from a collector's standpoint, as this is not a good movie by any
>stretch of the imagination... what's the difference between the Universal
>DVD and the Goodtimes release? Do they contain different footage or scenes?

I don't know for a fact, as I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sit
down and watch them both, but I think it's safe to assume the
Universal disc is the, <ahem>, superior version.

Mike

Waterperson77

If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost as good as
the first one.

If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.

Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.

which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and was actualy
titled "Jaws 3-D".

jayembee

> If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost
> as good as the first one.
>
> If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.
>
> Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.
>
> which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and
> was actualy titled "Jaws 3-D".

JAWS: THE REVENGE is another movie entirely, the fourth in the series:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093300/

-- jayembee

Michael Black

Waterperson77 ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:
> If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost as good as
> the first one.
>
> If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.
>
> Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.
>
> which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and was actualy
> titled "Jaws 3-D".

Jaws 1965
Jaws 2 1978
Jaws 3D/3 1983
Jaws: The Revenge 1987

I don't think anyone would put "revenge" in the title unless they meant
the actual fourth film.

The 3D one seems out of place, since none of the original actors appear
in it. With the others, there is at least some continuity of actors.

Michael

Mike Kohary

Michael Black wrote:
> Waterperson77 ((E-Mail Removed)) writes:
>> If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost
>> as good as the first one.
>>
>> If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.
>>
>> Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.
>>
>> which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and
>> was actualy titled "Jaws 3-D".
>>

> Jaws 1965

Correction: 1975

> Jaws 2 1978
> Jaws 3D/3 1983
> Jaws: The Revenge 1987
>
> I don't think anyone would put "revenge" in the title unless they
> meant the actual fourth film.
>
> The 3D one seems out of place, since none of the original actors
> appear in it. With the others, there is at least some continuity of
> actors.

And Waterperson, almost nobody considers Jaws 2 as good as Jaws, though it's
certainly not half-bad as 1970s sequels go (and not nearly as awful as Jaws
3 or 4).

Mike