Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Player Advice Needed

New Player Advice Needed

Mook23

I'm currently looking at purchasing a new DVD player that can handle AVI
files. So far I've found a couple of good options. I was thinking of going
with the RJ TECH 1500. It seems to have more features than the new budget
Pioneer model that can handle AVI's. However, I would like the machine a
lot more if it would play AVI files off of a DVD rather than just off of a
CD. It seems that both the Pioneer and RJ Tech models can only playback
divx files from CD. Is there another machine that would work better? I
would like to be able to play MP3 files off of a DVD as well (imagine the
collection you could fit on one of those). I've heard mixed reviews on
those Liteon players from Japan. First had reviews would be the best, but
any advice would be apreciated.
Thanx in advance.