Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Danton (1983), Double Life of Veronique DVDs

Danton (1983), Double Life of Veronique DVDs

Peter

Hello,

Does anyone know of an English subbed DVD version of Wajda's 1983 movie
"Danton" with
Gerard Depardieu? There is a Polish as well as an Italian version available
but no English
version although I've seen adverts for English widescreen VHS versions of
this excellent
movie. It must mean that a translation already exists - sadly no-one has
thought of releasing
it as an English subtitle-track DVD.

Secondly - anyone know why the Double Life of Veronique has never been
released on
DVD? There are no versions of this movie anywhere except for VHS, not even
in Japan.
Anyone know?

Thanks!
PC.

poldy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of an English subbed DVD version of Wajda's 1983 movie
> "Danton" with
> Gerard Depardieu? There is a Polish as well as an Italian version available
> but no English
> version although I've seen adverts for English widescreen VHS versions of
> this excellent
> movie. It must mean that a translation already exists - sadly no-one has
> thought of releasing
> it as an English subtitle-track DVD.
>
> Secondly - anyone know why the Double Life of Veronique has never been
> released on
> DVD? There are no versions of this movie anywhere except for VHS, not even
> in Japan.
> Anyone know?
>
> Thanks!
> PC.

Because people prefer to buy Lethal Weapon 23 at the Wal Mart.