Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > OT: NYSC To PAL

OT: NYSC To PAL

Dragon

Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on region 1
dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can watch
it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs as
when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being NTSC

My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered

cheers dave

Dragon

hi gary

Macrovision is free i think it has the button but in pal nothing

dave

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9m_Ec.4537$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on region

1
> > dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

> watch
> > it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs

> as
> > when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being

NTSC

> > My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
> >
> > cheers dave
> >

> it depends on the DVD player you have. a lot of the cheaper ones will

output
> NTSC as pure PAL . My roadstar has a button marked SYSTEM and as you press
> it it displays NTSC AUTO PAL. if you select PAL ALL DISKS PLAY IN PAL EVEN
> NTSC ONES.
>
> if you have a similar button then it should record OK if macrovision is

not
> a problem.
>
> Gary

Gary

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9m_Ec.4537$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on region 1
> dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

watch
> it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs

as
> when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being NTSC
>
> My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
>
> cheers dave

it depends on the DVD player you have. a lot of the cheaper ones will output
NTSC as pure PAL . My roadstar has a button marked SYSTEM and as you press
it it displays NTSC AUTO PAL. if you select PAL ALL DISKS PLAY IN PAL EVEN
NTSC ONES.

if you have a similar button then it should record OK if macrovision is not
a problem.

Gary

Arminio Grgic

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:20:21 GMT, "Dragon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on region 1
>dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can watch
>it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs as
>when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being NTSC
>
>My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
>
>cheers dave

Put DVD player in PAL mode if it has that option and it wil play in
PAL.

--
Q. What are your qualifications to be a film critic?
A. I can watch movies, I can think, and I can write.

Damon

Arminio Grgic declarait :

> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:20:21 GMT, "Dragon"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on region

1
> >dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

watch
> >it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL vhs

as
> >when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being NTSC
> >
> >My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
> >
> >cheers dave
> >

> Put DVD player in PAL mode if it has that option and it wil play in
> PAL.

He could always rip it remove the macrovision and convert it to PAL.

Damon
--
Article posté via l'accès Usenet http://www.mes-news.com
Accès par Nnrp ou Web

Gary

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ak3Fc.8618$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> hi gary
>
> Macrovision is free i think it has the button but in pal nothing
>
> dave
>
> "Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:9m_Ec.4537$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > > Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on

region
> 1
> > > dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

> > watch
> > > it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL

vhs
> > as
> > > when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being

> NTSC
> > >
> > > My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
> > >
> > > cheers dave
> > >

> > it depends on the DVD player you have. a lot of the cheaper ones will

> output
> > NTSC as pure PAL . My roadstar has a button marked SYSTEM and as you

press
> > it it displays NTSC AUTO PAL. if you select PAL ALL DISKS PLAY IN PAL

EVEN
> > NTSC ONES.
> >
> > if you have a similar button then it should record OK if macrovision is

> not
> > a problem.
> >
> > Gary

What make model and someone on this group may be able to help.

Dragon

my player is a samasonic 2004 if this helps

dave

"Damon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Arminio Grgic declarait :
>
> > On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:20:21 GMT, "Dragon"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > >Just a quick question i have a copy of Hans Christian Anderson on

region
> 1
> > >dvd, my sister wants to take it into her daughters school so they can

> watch
> > >it but they don't have a dvd player, how do i copy the dvd on to PAL

vhs
> as
> > >when i try it comes out B&W which i presume is natural with it being

NTSC

> > >My video only plays NTSC and doesn't record in NTSC im i buggered
> > >
> > >cheers dave
> > >

> > Put DVD player in PAL mode if it has that option and it wil play in
> > PAL.

> He could always rip it remove the macrovision and convert it to PAL.
>
> Damon
> --
> Article posté via l'accès Usenet http://www.mes-news.com
> Accès par Nnrp ou Web

Peter

The best way to convert an NTSC DVD to PAL is to use the Creative Dxr3 MPEG
decoder board/Hollywood Plus ReelMagic video card which can also be set to
region free
using www.remoteselector.com and where Macrovision can also be disabled as
well.
You can get a second hand one I'm sure for next to nothing. This card works
under Windows XP but you must use RemoteSelector and the Hollywood Plus
Windows 2K drivers. Then just set conversion NTSC to PAL in the settings and
connect your VCR and record.

Alpha PAL-8150 Athlon64 Heatsink Review Silverstrand Front Page News 0 02-09-2006 10:54 PM
PAL to PAL Mickey Mouse DVD Video 8 01-30-2006 02:51 PM
pal-i and pal-b boon Computer Support 2 01-28-2004 10:37 PM
RE: PAL FORMAT DVD nadine Computer Support 1 11-17-2003 08:24 PM
pay pal Susan Computer Support 4 11-08-2003 11:48 PM

Advertisments