Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > GENRE ONLINE @ GENRE ONLINE

Reply
Thread Tools

GENRE ONLINE @ GENRE ONLINE

 
 
Writer R5
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
Dear Newsgroup Members:

For over four years I have posted links to ths newsgroup to my DVD reviews and
have received lotsof great feedback, including those who may I have not liked
my work and in the process their critique has improved my work.

I am a one-man show by choice. I certainly don't do this for the movie, but the
links o Amazon.com, who nearly every DVD/media website has links to, but no
body has to buy anything. The reviews are free and I do the work myself because
I don't believe that people should work for free or they get free DVD for
spendng a few hours writing a review. I've done that and t sucs. If I hire
writers in the future I will pay them. But until that time, I will continue
doing my site and if you like my work or hate it, I appreciate the time you
have taken to express yourself.

The readers are the best teachers. There is no doubt, but people who call
themselves Buford T. Justice and FAQMeister are trying tell you all what is
allowed to be posted and what is not selectively targeting websites like "DVD
Verdict" while ignoring others saying that GENRE ONLINE SPAMS. DVD VERDICT
SPAMS. Make up your own mind. Don't let these right wing net facists tell you
what to do. Below is a letter from my server provider and it shows that this
person is passing off his FAQ as being legitimate, which it is not and if you
are a reader of my site and you want to see GENRE ONLINE posts in the future
then please write me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) or (E-Mail Removed) and
show your support and als a link to the true charter and FAQ to ths group. In
the meantime until further notice, I will fight this charge and if I am indeed
wrongI will graciously stop posts, but my sitewill continue until either I can
no longer do so for whatever reason or I choose not to. Thank you. Please see
below:

Subj: RE: Customer Warning - GENREONLINE.NET
[(E-Mail Removed)]
Date: 6/29/04 3:50:00 PM Mountain Standard Time
From: (E-Mail Removed)
To: (E-Mail Removed)
Sent from the Internet (Details)




Dear Mr. Rivera,

Thank you for contacting Go Daddy's Spam and Abuse Department

Go Daddy defines spam as any communication sent to recipients, as an
advertisement or otherwise, without first obtaining prior confirmed consent to
receive these communications from your domain by the recipient. This includes,
but is not limited to, the following:

- Email Messages
- Newsgroup postings
- Windows system messages
- Pop-up messages (aka "adware" or "spyware" messages)
- Instant messages (using AOL, MSN, Yahoo or other instant messenger programs)
- Online chat room advertisements
- Guestbook or Website Forum postings

It appears that the complaints we've received regard newsgroup advertisements
entitled "FARSCAPE: PEACEKEEPER WAR & MORE @ GENRE ONLINE.NET!" a copy of one
of these posts submitted to the alt.video.dvd newsgroup is provided at the end
of this message.

Each individual newsgroup has its own set of rules or set of acceptable posting
practices. Many groups do not permit advertising, promotional, or traffic
solicitation posts of any kind. Some groups will allow these types of posts
providing they are specific, or "on topic", to the subject of the group.
Another common practice that generates complaints is posting the same message
to multiple groups, also known as "cross posting". Again each group governs
"cross posting" according to their own policies. The FAQ at
www.aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html appears to prohibit all advertising, on topic or
not, within this newsgroup.

Please keep in mind that it is not our intention to cause anyone's business to
suffer and we do appreciate your cooperating with us on this matter. Because of
your cooperation and willingness to resolve this issue thus far, your services
have not been interrupted, but this situation remains unresolved.

At this point you have two options available to you, each is outlined below:

----- Option #1: Provide proof your newsgroup submission is authorized.

If you can provide proof that your submission to this newsgroup is authorized
we will consider this matter closed. This proof can be supplied in one of two
ways:

1. Obtain the charter for the newsgroup this particular message was posted to,
forward a copy of the charter along with a summary pointing out the relevant
passages that you feel prove your submission is a valid post.

2. Contact the moderator of the newsgroup this particular message was posted to
and obtain confirmation, from the moderator, in the form of an email message
that your submission is a valid post to this newsgroup. Forward a copy of this
confirmation to (E-Mail Removed) along with the moderators email
address.

Please realize that Go Daddy will contact the moderator on the newsgroup in
question for verification of the information you provide.

----- Option #2: Discontinue all future unauthorized newsgroup practices.

If you are unable to provide proof your post is valid and wish to close this
matter you must reply to (E-Mail Removed) with the following:

1. A statement that you (or your employees, affiliates, 3rd party marketers,
etc.) will no longer make off topic or unauthorized newsgroup posts.

2. Authorization for GoDaddy.com to charge a $199 non-refundable administration
fee to the credit card on file for your account (you may want to log into your
Go Daddy account and confirm that the card on file is valid and has not
expired).

If you reply with this statement and agree to pay this fee, Go Daddy will
accept, in good faith, your commitment as proof of your desire to correct this
problem.

Please be aware that Go Daddy will continue to monitor this situation. If after
you commit to ceasing this activity it is determined that this problem
persists, your domain name may be immediately redirected and your service
suspended. We realize additional complaints resulting from the posts you have
just committed to stop may come in and we will of course consider this, and
contact you before taking action.

-----

*PLEASE NOTE: If you do not follow one of the options outlined above your
domain name may be immediately redirected and your service suspended.

-----

Here is a copy of the offending newsgroup post:

You have probably have already seen at least some of them elsewhere online or
on the newstand, but just in case you have not... I have published 21 shots
from the upcoming Sci-Fi Channel Original Miniseries Event "Farscape:
Peacekeeper War" and I have to note that not only does it look great, but it
almost seems as though no time has past since the series was cancelled over a
year ago and now. I can't wait to see it. "Farscape: Peacekeeper War" will air
this fall on Sci-Fi.

http://www.genreonline.net/Farscape_...ery_Scifi.html

In addition I have some DVD reviews below and a lot more DVD and TV reviews
coming soon so please stay tuned. Thank you.

The Chronicles Of Riddick: Pitch Black: Unrated Director's Cut:
http://www.genreonline.net/Riddick_Pitch_Black_DVD.html

Paycheck: Special Collector's Edition:
http://www.genreonline.net/Paycheck_SCE_DVD.html

The Dreamers: NC-17 Version:
http://www.genreonline.net/Dreamers_DVD.html

To End All Wars:
http://www.genreonline.net/To_End_All_Wars_DVD.html

The 300 Spartans:
http://www.genreonline.net/Spartans_DVD.html

Please drop by and visit... Thank you.

GENRE ONLINE.NET
The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More!
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera
Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

-----

Sincerely,

Spam and Abuse Department
GoDaddy.com

GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
One-Shot Scot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
"Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Newsgroup Members:
>
> For over four years I have posted links to ths newsgroup to my DVD
> reviews and have received lotsof great feedback, including those
> who may I have not liked my work and in the process their critique
> has improved my work.



Mark:

I always look at your posts for any information that might help me
decide whether or not to rent or buy certain DVDs. However, some of your
"reviews" are nothing more than excuses for you to pontificate endlessly
about your personal accomplishments. Your incoherent 1931 word "review"
of _Once Upon A Time In The West_ rambles on and on through seven
tediously-long paragraphs, which I have condensed as follows:

"I used to work nights... Squeaky-clean morality tales... owner's wife
was pretty loose... great mythology... I could go on and on with genre
comparisons... in a pseudo original way... I honestly can't tell which
film I like better... In graduate school... my Masters degree... new
knowledge and understanding... academic with Sir Christopher Frayling...
death of one era... It sounds a bit crazy... primal nature of
humanity... my grad school days."

Until, finally!... the 5th and 6th sentences in paragraph 6 actually
begin to focus on the visual appearance of the DVD:

"Pristine might be too strong of a word to describe how this film looks,
but even if it is not, it comes pretty damn close be being pristine. The
textures and colors are beautifully captured making what I always
thought of as being a rather monotone film from the days I had the
laserdisc seem as if I were watching the film in black and white back
then when I look at and compare it to Paramount Home Entertainment's DVD
release, which presents "Once Upon A Time In The West" in an anamorphic
widescreen (2.35:1) aspect ratio preserving the manner in which the film
was exhibited theatrically as close as possible for home video users."

Sadly, I was unable to find a review of _Once Upon A Time In The West_.

http://www.genreonline.net/Once_Upon..._West_DVD.html

Even though you proclaimed your tremendous knowledge and expertise
(graduate school, Masters degree, new knowledge and understanding etc.)
I have doubts as to the validity of your claims. The person who wrote
this gem would have trouble graduating from high school, let alone
college:

"He reasons that the film says everything pretty much the way he wants
it and he feels that most of the good ideas come from the interns and
production assistants so he hands the microphone to them and we get
nearly two hours of interns and assistants cackling on about the film,
but they are so excited to be doing it that often the commentary track
feels like the listener is at a disadvantage because what they share
seems to be more or less in-jokes amongst themselves and by the end I
felt that while it is nice of Moore to acknowledge these largely unsung
heroes, the commentary felt like a waste of time and is in my opinion
the weakest element on this DVD release."

http://www.genreonline.net/Bowling_F...ne_SE_DVD.html

As far as I know, this 546-character, 126-word masterpiece from the
August, 2003 review of _Bowling For Columbine_ is the longest GENRE
ONLINE sentence on record. But who knows, there may be others that are
even longer.

Keep up the good work.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Writer R5
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004

Mark>I have doubts as to the validity of your claims. The person who wrote
>this gem would have trouble graduating from high school, let alone
>college:


I do have a BA in Film and an MFA in Writing and Literature and I graduated
High Schol too, but that does not mean I'm going to have perfect grammar or
spelling though I try to do as wel as I can.

I mean a person's SAT scores are not the only thing colleges look at when
considering apllicants, yet some people think that it denotes one intelligence,
etc.

I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you point out my mistakes, etc. At least
you are trying to make a point.

As for whether or not I attended college, etc. I can tell you I went to
Brooklyn College of the City University of New York and earned my BA from there
in 1993 and my MFA in 1996. You can verify this on your own if you want.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback.




GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Writer*R5) wrote:

"Don't let these right wing net facists tell you what to do."

Why do you assume that these people are right wing?

--
My DVD collection:
http://www.geocities.com/nmzdfilms/dvdlibrary.html

Noise is a byproduct of inefficiency.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Jackson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
Here's a response I sent in your defense to (E-Mail Removed):

I'm writing in response to the following message posted in the alt.video.dvd
newsgroup regarding Mark Rivera's alleged spamming.

Recently in the alt.video.dvd newsgroup, someone entered the group and began
accusing long-time posters of spamming the group with posts that they had
been making for years. These posts were generally accepted by the group as
acceptable means of directing readers to their reviews. The posts consisted
of links to reviews, rather than the entire text, and had no directly
commercial content. One of these new posters took it upon himself wrote a
FAQ after the fact to paint these posters as guilty of breaking it. This FAQ
has no official recognition by the group, and in fact is generally reviled
as self-serving and having no useful purpose; most people consider the DVD
FAQ at dvddemystified.com as the only FAQ worth reading. In fact, this
document, which predates the FAQ you listed, lists the dvddemystified.com
FAQ as the group's FAQ:

http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm#DVD

I would encourage you to research this matter by reading the group archives.

I'd like to address the following points from your email to Mr. Rivera:

> 1. Obtain the charter for the newsgroup this particular message was posted

to,
> forward a copy of the charter along with a summary pointing out the

relevant
> passages that you feel prove your submission is a valid post.



The alt.video.dvd group was founded sometime around 1995. I've searched the
net high and low for a charter, and all I can find is the group's
description, which is one sentence: "Discussion of Digital Video Disk
hardware and software" (reference the control document at
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control....video.dvd.gz). DVD reviews,
whether links or directly posted to the group, qualify as discussion of DVD
software. There is nothing in that group description or any extant charter
that forbids links to reviews. The only thing that forbids the practice is
an unrecognized, unofficial FAQ.

> 2. Contact the moderator of the newsgroup this particular message was

posted to
> and obtain confirmation, from the moderator, in the form of an email

message
> that your submission is a valid post to this newsgroup. Forward a copy of

this
> confirmation to (E-Mail Removed) along with the moderators email
> address.



alt.video.dvd is not a moderated group. Therefore, this is an unreasonable
request that is impossible to fulfill. Further, as an unmoderated group, it
stands to reason that any on-topic post would be suitable for posting.

I would encourage you to consider the validity of these complaints before
taking action against Mr. Rivera. It is all too easy for those who disagree
with a post's content to label it as spam, and taking action based on flimsy
evidence and a FAQ written specifically to prove someone guilty ex post
facto would be unjust indeed.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com


----- Original Message -----
From: "Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 06:26
Subject: GENRE ONLINE @ GENRE ONLINE


> Dear Newsgroup Members:
>
> For over four years I have posted links to ths newsgroup to my DVD reviews

and
> have received lotsof great feedback, including those who may I have not

liked
> my work and in the process their critique has improved my work.
>
> I am a one-man show by choice. I certainly don't do this for the movie,

but the
> links o Amazon.com, who nearly every DVD/media website has links to, but

no
> body has to buy anything. The reviews are free and I do the work myself

because
> I don't believe that people should work for free or they get free DVD for
> spendng a few hours writing a review. I've done that and t sucs. If I hire
> writers in the future I will pay them. But until that time, I will

continue
> doing my site and if you like my work or hate it, I appreciate the time

you
> have taken to express yourself.
>
> The readers are the best teachers. There is no doubt, but people who call
> themselves Buford T. Justice and FAQMeister are trying tell you all what

is
> allowed to be posted and what is not selectively targeting websites like

"DVD
> Verdict" while ignoring others saying that GENRE ONLINE SPAMS. DVD VERDICT
> SPAMS. Make up your own mind. Don't let these right wing net facists tell

you
> what to do. Below is a letter from my server provider and it shows that

this
> person is passing off his FAQ as being legitimate, which it is not and if

you
> are a reader of my site and you want to see GENRE ONLINE posts in the

future
> then please write me at (E-Mail Removed) or (E-Mail Removed)

and
> show your support and als a link to the true charter and FAQ to ths group.

In
> the meantime until further notice, I will fight this charge and if I am

indeed
> wrongI will graciously stop posts, but my sitewill continue until either

I can
> no longer do so for whatever reason or I choose not to. Thank you. Please

see
> below:
>
> Subj: RE: Customer Warning - GENREONLINE.NET
> [(E-Mail Removed)]
> Date: 6/29/04 3:50:00 PM Mountain Standard Time
> From: (E-Mail Removed)
> To: (E-Mail Removed)
> Sent from the Internet (Details)
>
>
>
>
> Dear Mr. Rivera,
>
> Thank you for contacting Go Daddy's Spam and Abuse Department
>
> Go Daddy defines spam as any communication sent to recipients, as an
> advertisement or otherwise, without first obtaining prior confirmed

consent to
> receive these communications from your domain by the recipient. This

includes,
> but is not limited to, the following:
>
> - Email Messages
> - Newsgroup postings
> - Windows system messages
> - Pop-up messages (aka "adware" or "spyware" messages)
> - Instant messages (using AOL, MSN, Yahoo or other instant messenger

programs)
> - Online chat room advertisements
> - Guestbook or Website Forum postings
>
> It appears that the complaints we've received regard newsgroup

advertisements
> entitled "FARSCAPE: PEACEKEEPER WAR & MORE @ GENRE ONLINE.NET!" a copy of

one
> of these posts submitted to the alt.video.dvd newsgroup is provided at the

end
> of this message.
>
> Each individual newsgroup has its own set of rules or set of acceptable

posting
> practices. Many groups do not permit advertising, promotional, or traffic
> solicitation posts of any kind. Some groups will allow these types of

posts
> providing they are specific, or "on topic", to the subject of the group.
> Another common practice that generates complaints is posting the same

message
> to multiple groups, also known as "cross posting". Again each group

governs
> "cross posting" according to their own policies. The FAQ at
> www.aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html appears to prohibit all advertising, on topic

or
> not, within this newsgroup.
>
> Please keep in mind that it is not our intention to cause anyone's

business to
> suffer and we do appreciate your cooperating with us on this matter.

Because of
> your cooperation and willingness to resolve this issue thus far, your

services
> have not been interrupted, but this situation remains unresolved.
>
> At this point you have two options available to you, each is outlined

below:
>
> ----- Option #1: Provide proof your newsgroup submission is authorized.
>
> If you can provide proof that your submission to this newsgroup is

authorized
> we will consider this matter closed. This proof can be supplied in one of

two
> ways:
>
> 1. Obtain the charter for the newsgroup this particular message was posted

to,
> forward a copy of the charter along with a summary pointing out the

relevant
> passages that you feel prove your submission is a valid post.
>
> 2. Contact the moderator of the newsgroup this particular message was

posted to
> and obtain confirmation, from the moderator, in the form of an email

message
> that your submission is a valid post to this newsgroup. Forward a copy of

this
> confirmation to (E-Mail Removed) along with the moderators email
> address.
>
> Please realize that Go Daddy will contact the moderator on the newsgroup

in
> question for verification of the information you provide.
>
> ----- Option #2: Discontinue all future unauthorized newsgroup practices.
>
> If you are unable to provide proof your post is valid and wish to close

this
> matter you must reply to (E-Mail Removed) with the following:
>
> 1. A statement that you (or your employees, affiliates, 3rd party

marketers,
> etc.) will no longer make off topic or unauthorized newsgroup posts.
>
> 2. Authorization for GoDaddy.com to charge a $199 non-refundable

administration
> fee to the credit card on file for your account (you may want to log into

your
> Go Daddy account and confirm that the card on file is valid and has not
> expired).
>
> If you reply with this statement and agree to pay this fee, Go Daddy will
> accept, in good faith, your commitment as proof of your desire to correct

this
> problem.
>
> Please be aware that Go Daddy will continue to monitor this situation. If

after
> you commit to ceasing this activity it is determined that this problem
> persists, your domain name may be immediately redirected and your service
> suspended. We realize additional complaints resulting from the posts you

have
> just committed to stop may come in and we will of course consider this,

and
> contact you before taking action.
>
> -----
>
> *PLEASE NOTE: If you do not follow one of the options outlined above your
> domain name may be immediately redirected and your service suspended.
>
> -----
>
> Here is a copy of the offending newsgroup post:
>
> You have probably have already seen at least some of them elsewhere online

or
> on the newstand, but just in case you have not... I have published 21

shots
> from the upcoming Sci-Fi Channel Original Miniseries Event "Farscape:
> Peacekeeper War" and I have to note that not only does it look great, but

it
> almost seems as though no time has past since the series was cancelled

over a
> year ago and now. I can't wait to see it. "Farscape: Peacekeeper War" will

air
> this fall on Sci-Fi.
>
>

http://www.genreonline.net/Farscape_...ery_Scifi.html
>
> In addition I have some DVD reviews below and a lot more DVD and TV

reviews
> coming soon so please stay tuned. Thank you.
>
> The Chronicles Of Riddick: Pitch Black: Unrated Director's Cut:
> http://www.genreonline.net/Riddick_Pitch_Black_DVD.html
>
> Paycheck: Special Collector's Edition:
> http://www.genreonline.net/Paycheck_SCE_DVD.html
>
> The Dreamers: NC-17 Version:
> http://www.genreonline.net/Dreamers_DVD.html
>
> To End All Wars:
> http://www.genreonline.net/To_End_All_Wars_DVD.html
>
> The 300 Spartans:
> http://www.genreonline.net/Spartans_DVD.html
>
> Please drop by and visit... Thank you.
>
> GENRE ONLINE.NET
> The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More!
> http://www.genreonline.net
> Mark A. Rivera
> Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> -----
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Spam and Abuse Department
> GoDaddy.com
>
> GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
> http://www.genreonline.net
> Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
> (E-Mail Removed)



 
Reply With Quote
 
Lookingglass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
FIGHT IT!!! I hope you continue to post here on the appropriate newsgroup
for your service... I DO NOT consider your posts SPAM...I have used your
reviews to help me decide whether or not to purchase a DVD...

.... buford t justice or faq meister is the one who is wasting our time...and
I consider HIS posts SPAM... obviously, he has much too much extra time on
his hands...

HANG IN THERE...!


Dave Chabot (E-Mail Removed) www.Shemakhan.com

"Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Newsgroup Members:
>
> For over four years I have posted links to ths newsgroup to my DVD reviews

and
> have received lotsof great feedback, including those who may I have not

liked
> my work and in the process their critique has improved my work.
>
> I am a one-man show by choice. I certainly don't do this for the movie,

but the
> links o Amazon.com, who nearly every DVD/media website has links to, but

no
> body has to buy anything. The reviews are free and I do the work myself

because
> I don't believe that people should work for free or they get free DVD for
> spendng a few hours writing a review. I've done that and t sucs. If I hire
> writers in the future I will pay them. But until that time, I will

continue
> doing my site and if you like my work or hate it, I appreciate the time

you
> have taken to express yourself.
>
> The readers are the best teachers. There is no doubt, but people who call
> themselves Buford T. Justice and FAQMeister are trying tell you all what

is
> allowed to be posted and what is not selectively targeting websites like

"DVD
> Verdict" while ignoring others saying that GENRE ONLINE SPAMS. DVD VERDICT
> SPAMS. Make up your own mind. Don't let these right wing net facists tell

you
> what to do. Below is a letter from my server provider and it shows that

this
> person is passing off his FAQ as being legitimate, which it is not and if

you
> are a reader of my site and you want to see GENRE ONLINE posts in the

future
> then please write me at (E-Mail Removed) or (E-Mail Removed)

and
> show your support and als a link to the true charter and FAQ to ths group.

In
> the meantime until further notice, I will fight this charge and if I am

indeed
> wrongI will graciously stop posts, but my sitewill continue until either

I can
> no longer do so for whatever reason or I choose not to. Thank you.


> GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
> http://www.genreonline.net
> Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
> (E-Mail Removed)



 
Reply With Quote
 
FAQmeister
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
"Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> The readers are the best teachers. There is no doubt, but people who
> call themselves Buford T. Justice and FAQMeister are trying tell you
> all what is allowed to be posted and what is not


And no one else thinks you're spamming?

You're upset, but that's no excuse for telling lies.

> selectively targeting websites like "DVD Verdict"
> while ignoring others


That's three lies in one sentence. I am not targeting websites. I am
targeting spammers. You were not selectively targeted and others weren't
ignored. Yesterday I posted a list of others who were stopped from
spamming this group:

adultdvdsonline.com.au aka (E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
DiabolikDVD.com aka (E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

> Don't let these right wing net facists tell you what to do.


LOL
Up the revolution!

> Below is
> a letter from my server provider and it shows that this person is
> passing off his FAQ as being legitimate, which it is not and if you
> are a reader of my site and you want to see GENRE ONLINE posts in the
> future then please write me at (E-Mail Removed) or
> (E-Mail Removed) and show your support and als a link to
> the true charter and FAQ to ths group.


That's not going to help you. There is no such thing as an illegitimate
alt group faq so don't waste your appeal on that or on letters from spam
apologists saying how wonderful your spam is.

The letter indicates that you have one option:

"Obtain the charter for the newsgroup this particular message was
posted to, forward a copy of the charter along with a summary
pointing out the relevant passages that you feel prove your
submission is a valid post."

Do you even know what a newsgroup charter is? I suggest you focus your
efforts on that. You won't find any language in the charter that
validates your spam, but it's all you've got.

> In the meantime until further
> notice, I will fight this charge


Good luck to you. I mean that.

> and if I am indeed wrongI will
> graciously stop posts,


If you are going to be gracious about it then don't blame your
misfortune on one individual or "right wing net facists" or claim that
you were singled out.

The reason I stopped reporting spammers is because I was unable to stop
the two who have been the most prolific. It would have been unfair to
report others when those two were getting away with it. If Genre Online
stops spamming then there is hope for this group yet and I will resume
the spamcopping.

--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
FAQmeister
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
"Mike Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Here's a response I sent in your defense to
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
> I'm writing in response to the following message posted in the
> alt.video.dvd newsgroup regarding Mark Rivera's alleged spamming.


One spammer defending another. Yeah, that's the ticket!

--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
FAQmeister
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
"Lookingglass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LbCEc.3138$a24.1778@attbi_s03
> FIGHT IT!!! I hope you continue to post here on the appropriate
> newsgroup for your service... I DO NOT consider your posts SPAM...I
> have used your reviews to help me decide whether or not to purchase a
> DVD...


He doesn't post reviews. He posts a bunch of links to his site.

>
> ... buford t justice or faq meister is the one who is wasting our
> time...and I consider HIS posts SPAM...


And I consider your posts silly and stupid--so there!

--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
JWB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2004
"FAQmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cburqn$3v6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Mike Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > Here's a response I sent in your defense to
> > (E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > I'm writing in response to the following message posted in the
> > alt.video.dvd newsgroup regarding Mark Rivera's alleged spamming.

>
> One spammer defending another. Yeah, that's the ticket!


well, I wrote to defend him too, and I'm not a spammer.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Stargate: SG-1: Season 3 DVD Set Review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET! Arkon24fps DVD Video 0 06-28-2003 01:45 PM
THIS WEEK @ GENRE ONLINE.NET! Writer R5 DVD Video 0 06-27-2003 01:49 AM
Dark Blue DVD Review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET! Writer R5 DVD Video 0 06-27-2003 12:36 AM
Spun DVD Review @ GENRE ONLINE.NET! Writer R5 DVD Video 0 06-25-2003 03:00 AM



Advertisments