Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sony DVP NS-300 repair...

Sony DVP NS-300 repair...

Strutter

I've had the above DVD player for eighteen months, and it has
developed a problem.

I know it would not cost much for a replacement equivalent, but I was
wondering if anybody had a suggestion with regard to fixing this
problem:

When I power it on the 'standby' light on the front with change to
green as if to say it's 'on', a whirring sound is heard for a few
seconds, and then it goes back to standby mode - preventing any kind
of operation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Pug Fugley

It would cost you about as much to ship it off to have it repaired as it
would to buy a brand new player that would be 10 times better...such as the
$59 Samsung at Best Buy.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...