Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Which disks to buy dvd+rw or dvd-rw?

Which disks to buy dvd+rw or dvd-rw?

T. Scott Lad

I have a Pioneer DV-C503. How do I determine which disks to buy dvd+rw or
dvd-rw?

Scott

Pug Fugley

Check your manual.

"T. Scott Lad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uwHDc.3127$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Pioneer DV-C503. How do I determine which disks to buy dvd+rw or
> dvd-rw?
>
> Scott

Paul Lefebvre

"T. Scott Lad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Pioneer DV-C503. How do I determine which disks to buy dvd+rw or
>dvd-rw?
>
>Scott

what's the difference between +rw and -rw?
PL

Paul Lefebvre
londonpaul@*removethis*sympatico.ca
Visit my website!
http://www.geocities.com/joeyp99

Urra Dipschitt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Paul Lefebvre <londonpaul@*removethis*sympatico.ca> wrote:

> what's the difference between +rw and -rw?

http://www.videohelp.com/dvd

Chris4V

both.

DVD- for dvd players

DVD+ for computer storage and play

Urra Dipschitt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote:

> both.
>
> DVD- for dvd players
>
> DVD+ for computer storage and play

Uh...that's a pretty bad answer. It's a bit more complicated than that
in many cases.

John H. Guillory

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:35:11 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote:
>
>> both.
>>
>> DVD- for dvd players
>>
>> DVD+ for computer storage and play

In my case, I can write faster on DVD+ disc, haven't checked to see if
my DVD Player can read the + disc or not... Will check it out one day
as I only have 1 DVD+R....

dogged bean

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:01:19 GMT, John H. Guillory
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:35:11 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote:
>>
>>> both.
>>>
>>> DVD- for dvd players
>>>
>>> DVD+ for computer storage and play

>In my case, I can write faster on DVD+ disc, haven't checked to see if
>my DVD Player can read the + disc or not... Will check it out one day
>as I only have 1 DVD+R....

Actually, alot of the + disks dont read to well in some dvd players.
Get the - instead. I have used nearly 70 of the Comp USA DVD-R disks,
and never had a problem. It takes me 45 minutes to copy a dvd with a
4x burner.

NeoRenegade

dogged bean wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:01:19 GMT, John H. Guillory
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:35:11 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>In my case, I can write faster on DVD+ disc, haven't checked to see if
>>my DVD Player can read the + disc or not... Will check it out one day
>>as I only have 1 DVD+R....

> Actually, alot of the + disks dont read to well in some dvd players.
> Get the - instead. I have used nearly 70 of the Comp USA DVD-R disks,
> and never had a problem. It takes me 45 minutes to copy a dvd with a
> 4x burner.

Yup.

For the time being, DVD+R is not as widely supported as DVD-R so it's
best for use with DVD players.

That said, good-quality DVD+R nedia is more reliable than any DVD-R media.

- NR

Waterperson77

>Actually, alot of the + disks dont read to well in some dvd players.
>Get the - instead. I have used ne

strange. quote from official sources:

"unlike dvd-R, dvd+R plays in most dvd players".