Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Playing Different Regions Unlimited Times.

Playing Different Regions Unlimited Times.

Patrick D. Rockwell

I just recently learned that my DVD player in my laptop can only change to a
different region 4 times. Is there a software program that will play
region 1 and region 2 DVD's an unlimited number of times? What about VLC?
I'm also interested in viewing PAL DVD's as well as NTSC.

--
-------------------------------
Patrick D. Rockwell

What The!

rpc1.org

"Patrick D. Rockwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UNvDc.1250$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I just recently learned that my DVD player in my laptop can only change to

> different region 4 times. Is there a software program that will play
> region 1 and region 2 DVD's an unlimited number of times? What about VLC?
> I'm also interested in viewing PAL DVD's as well as NTSC.
>
> --
> -------------------------------
> Patrick D. Rockwell

Gary

Below are some places for hacks/updates to the firmware. You will need to
check with your OS and software to see if they need to be made region-free
also.

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

http://www.cdfreaks.com/drive/

http://forum.firmware-flash.com/dl_utility.php

http://www.nerd-out.com/darrenk/

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region.html

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml

http://www.area450.com/hacks/playerhacks.htm

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region.html

and of coarse, http://www.dvdidle.com/

Have fun and hope they help,

Gary

"Patrick D. Rockwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UNvDc.1250$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> I just recently learned that my DVD player in my laptop can only change to

> different region 4 times. Is there a software program that will play
> region 1 and region 2 DVD's an unlimited number of times? What about VLC?
> I'm also interested in viewing PAL DVD's as well as NTSC.
>
> --
> Patrick D. Rockwell

---