Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > I have been asking this question for days and can't get an answer. About DVD copying. Please read inside

I have been asking this question for days and can't get an answer. About DVD copying. Please read inside

Harry Paratesties

I'm not sure if this is the correct news group to ask this question or
not. Is it possable to make a copy of a DVD Movie that you rent from
a video store. I have DVDXCopy Platinum and it won't let me. Is
there any way to do this?

Thank You Harry

Donald Link

Download DVD decrypt and DVD shrink. Search Google and they are both
free. It helps if you have Nero installed since DVD shrink use it
engine. If you can not do this then you should not be trying to steal
and post it in the newgroup.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:22:39 -0700, Harry Paratesties
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm not sure if this is the correct news group to ask this question or
>not. Is it possable to make a copy of a DVD Movie that you rent from
>a video store. I have DVDXCopy Platinum and it won't let me. Is
>there any way to do this?
>
>Thank You Harry

Mark B.

"Harry Paratesties" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure if this is the correct news group to ask this question or
> not. Is it possable to make a copy of a DVD Movie that you rent from
> a video store. I have DVDXCopy Platinum and it won't let me. Is
> there any way to do this?
>
> Thank You Harry

Here's a concept - how about buying the movie?

Colon Terminus

"Harry Paratesties" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure if this is the correct news group to ask this question or
> not. Is it possable to make a copy of a DVD Movie that you rent from
> a video store. I have DVDXCopy Platinum and it won't let me. Is
> there any way to do this?
>
> Thank You Harry

It can't be done with DVD Xcopy.

Head Hunter

I don't know about Platinum, but the regular one will. It asks 'Is this a
Rental or borrowed DVD?" Say "NO" and it should work fine.

Of course, that would be dishonest. Just buy the thing. If the disk is too
long, it probably won't fit on a single DVD anyway. I prefer DVDExpress.
It removes the menus, special features, and (most importantly) the ads at
the start of the movie. The movie fits on one DVD, and you get just the
movie.

--
Honesty may be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.