Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DUal Layer DVD burners SO cheap why ?

DUal Layer DVD burners SO cheap why ?

Jake Smith

Are their any discs to use on them anywhere yet if so how much ?

Thanks.

/ps i don't even have anormal DVD burner still using my old fashioned
Cd burner, just call me GrandPa.

Bye.

kaydigi

"Jake Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Are their any discs to use on them anywhere yet if so how much ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> /ps i don't even have anormal DVD burner still using my old fashioned
> Cd burner, just call me GrandPa.
>
> Bye.

Using the same hardware, there are some firmware hacks to change some single
layer into dual layer burners.

luminos

The burner engineering needs only minimal (if any) change from the current
burners, so they are cheap hardware.

The only DL discs now are from Verbatim. You get 1 (one) dual layer disc
and 9 other regular discs (+r and +RW) for $30 (!!!!!).
Even these packages are near impossible to find in stock.

The first discs will run anywhere from $7 to $13 each sometime in late July.

"Jake Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Are their any discs to use on them anywhere yet if so how much ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> /ps i don't even have anormal DVD burner still using my old fashioned
> Cd burner, just call me GrandPa.
>
> Bye.

Jake Smith

And six months after that they will be 1.50

Or less, then Tri Layer discs will be anounced and so ona nd so on, we
get royaly screwed all the time us PC users :0

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:34:56 -0700, "luminos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The burner engineering needs only minimal (if any) change from the current
>burners, so they are cheap hardware.
>
>The only DL discs now are from Verbatim. You get 1 (one) dual layer disc
>and 9 other regular discs (+r and +RW) for $30 (!!!!!).
>Even these packages are near impossible to find in stock.
>
>The first discs will run anywhere from $7 to $13 each sometime in late July.
>

>"Jake Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Are their any discs to use on them anywhere yet if so how much ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> /ps i don't even have anormal DVD burner still using my old fashioned
>> Cd burner, just call me GrandPa.
>>
>> Bye.

luminos

Dream on buddy.....they will be 1.50 when everyone goes to Blu-Ray.