Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Hook Up Problem

DVD Hook Up Problem

P Novak

ok people...dont laugh. I have an Xbox and a decade old Mitsubishi TV
that has absolutely no inputs in it..just a cable hookup in the back. I
also have a hifi stereo vcr. My only option i believe is to hook up the
xbox to the vcr. When i play a movie on it...it blinks dark to
light..kills me. My friend has his dvd player..not xbox...hooked up the
same way...yet...no blinky blinky. PLEASE HELP A FELLOW DVD LOVER OUT!!!
Thank you all so much

What The!

macrovision protection.
you need to get a dvd player that is macrovision disabled on the output.

"P Novak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ok people...dont laugh. I have an Xbox and a decade old Mitsubishi TV
> that has absolutely no inputs in it..just a cable hookup in the back. I
> also have a hifi stereo vcr. My only option i believe is to hook up the
> xbox to the vcr. When i play a movie on it...it blinks dark to
> light..kills me. My friend has his dvd player..not xbox...hooked up the
> same way...yet...no blinky blinky. PLEASE HELP A FELLOW DVD LOVER OUT!!!
> Thank you all so much

kaydigi

"What The!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MdTCc.63846$(E-Mail Removed)...
> macrovision protection.
> you need to get a dvd player that is macrovision disabled on the output.
>

> "P Novak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > ok people...dont laugh. I have an Xbox and a decade old Mitsubishi TV
> > that has absolutely no inputs in it..just a cable hookup in the back. I
> > also have a hifi stereo vcr. My only option i believe is to hook up the
> > xbox to the vcr. When i play a movie on it...it blinks dark to
> > light..kills me. My friend has his dvd player..not xbox...hooked up the
> > same way...yet...no blinky blinky. PLEASE HELP A FELLOW DVD LOVER OUT!!!
> > Thank you all so much

By a RF Modulator from Radio shack for about $20.

Gary A. Edelstein

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:47:41 -0400, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (P Novak)
wrote:

>ok people...dont laugh. I have an Xbox and a decade old Mitsubishi TV
>that has absolutely no inputs in it..just a cable hookup in the back. I
>also have a hifi stereo vcr. My only option i believe is to hook up the
>xbox to the vcr. When i play a movie on it...it blinks dark to
>light..kills me. My friend has his dvd player..not xbox...hooked up the
>same way...yet...no blinky blinky. PLEASE HELP A FELLOW DVD LOVER OUT!!!
>Thank you all so much

Get an RF modulator from Radio Shack or Best Buy and a 75 ohm A/B
switch. Hook up the XBox to the modulator A/V ins. The RF out from
the modulator would go to one input on the A/B switch, the RF out from
the VCR to the other input and the output from the A/B switch to the
antenna input on the TV.

Gary E
--
|Gary A. Edelstein
|(E-Mail Removed) (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
|"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

P Novak

Thank you so much...didnt think to do that....you rule!