Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > On and off!

On and off!

I have a D-Link 614+ router connected to a Westell 2200 DSL router and a
second computer connecting wirelessly via a Linksys USB wireless adapter.
Both computers are running XP Professional and both computers are always
able to access the internet.

But, both computers can't always see each other. Sometimes they can which
leads me to believe that there is no login or naming issue but in the middle
of copying files, I'll get a message saying that the network drive is no
longer available. And, sometimes, I can't even see the drives on the second
computer to map to them.

I'm at my wits end. I can usually deal with something when it doesn't
work at all but I'm at a loss when it works sometimes and then stops, for no
apparent reason.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. TIA.
--
Nadyne Nelson

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:eqBwf.2729$Xo5.849@trnddc02...

> I have a D-Link 614+ router connected to a Westell 2200 DSL router and a
> second computer connecting wirelessly via a Linksys USB wireless adapter.
> Both computers are running XP Professional and both computers are always
> able to access the internet.
>
> But, both computers can't always see each other. Sometimes they can
> which leads me to believe that there is no login or naming issue but in
> the middle of copying files, I'll get a message saying that the network
> drive is no longer available. And, sometimes, I can't even see the drives
> on the second computer to map to them.
>
> I'm at my wits end. I can usually deal with something when it doesn't
> work at all but I'm at a loss when it works sometimes and then stops, for
> no apparent reason.
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome. TIA.
> --
> Nadyne Nelson
> (E-Mail Removed)

Carol

I lose one of my computers when the computer goes onto screen saver or auto
sleeps after a certain amount of time.
Also, I don't map my drives. I access my computers via windows explorer, my
network. I find it more reliable.