Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD ram problem

DVD ram problem

Fred

I have a Panasonic E50 DVD recorder. It writes DVD-RAM.

I put an LG Electronics (OEM) 4082B DVD Writer on my WIN98SE PC to edit
these dvdrams.

The LG works fine, on everything except DVD-RAMs i recorded on the Panny. I
shows them as CD's, with no data on them.

I installed the latest firmware upgrade for the LG.

Any help would be appreciated. How can I get DVDRAM to get recognized on
the LG? The LG is supposed to support DVD RAM.

Java Jive

You probably need a UDF2 driver such as the Panasonic here:
http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/.../download.html
(for a non-Panasonic drive like yours and mine, the Panasonic-specific part
of the
installation is disabled - you can only use KXLCB30A.EXE to install UDF2).

After the usual reboot all was solved for me.

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zHIAc.58838$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I have a Panasonic E50 DVD recorder. It writes DVD-RAM.
>
> I put an LG Electronics (OEM) 4082B DVD Writer on my WIN98SE PC to edit
> these dvdrams.
>
> The LG works fine, on everything except DVD-RAMs i recorded on the Panny.

> shows them as CD's, with no data on them.
>
> I installed the latest firmware upgrade for the LG.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. How can I get DVDRAM to get recognized on
> the LG? The LG is supposed to support DVD RAM.

---