Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > First R1 Warners Catalog Title in Keepcase?

First R1 Warners Catalog Title in Keepcase?

fredman

Got Spartan on Tues. Surprised that there was no insert, then saw the
Warners logo on the case and realized - a regular catalog title and IT
WASN'T IN A SNAPPER!!! Could Warner's have finally seen the light?
Here's hoping they also move to leaf-insert keepcases instead of those
infernal digipaks (the NEW snapper). Cheers.
regards,

=======
fredman
=======

jayembee

fredman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Got Spartan on Tues. Surprised that there was no insert,
> then saw the Warners logo on the case and realized - a
> regular catalog title and IT WASN'T IN A SNAPPER!!! Could
> Warner's have finally seen the light? Here's hoping they
> also move to leaf-insert keepcases instead of those
> infernal digipaks (the NEW snapper). Cheers. regards,

You're behind the times. Warner has been using keepcases
on some of their regular catalog titles for at least a
month and a half, though they haven't been consistent about
it.

For example, the Marx Bros. releases were in keepcases, but
that same week (May 4th street date), their three war film
titles -- BACK TO BATAAN, BATTLEGROUND, and FLYING LEATHERNECKS
-- were in snappers.

The more recently released Cary Grant titles were also in
keepcases, as were the two latter-day Tarzan releases (the
1981 Bo Derek film and GREYSTOKE -- the 4-disc Weissmuller
Tarzan set was in a digipack)

-- jayembee

limacharliewhiskey

fredman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Got Spartan on Tues. Surprised that there was no insert, then saw the
> Warners logo on the case and realized - a regular catalog title and IT
> WASN'T IN A SNAPPER!!! Could Warner's have finally seen the light?
> Here's hoping they also move to leaf-insert keepcases instead of those
> infernal digipaks (the NEW snapper). Cheers.
> regards,
>

> =======
> fredman
> =======

Not just yet. Warner's major release of the 1-disc Mystic River were
in snappers for both the widescreen and fullscreen versions.

Warner seems to be selectively picking which titles get keepcases.

Lee

Mike Kohary

limacharliewhiskey wrote:
> fredman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>> Got Spartan on Tues. Surprised that there was no insert, then saw the
>> Warners logo on the case and realized - a regular catalog title and
>> IT WASN'T IN A SNAPPER!!! Could Warner's have finally seen the
>> light? Here's hoping they also move to leaf-insert keepcases instead
>> of those infernal digipaks (the NEW snapper). Cheers.
>> regards,
>>

>> =======
>> fredman
>> =======

> Not just yet. Warner's major release of the 1-disc Mystic River were
> in snappers for both the widescreen and fullscreen versions.

Nope - Mystic River was available in both cases at my local Best Buy,
widescreen in a keep case or fullscreen in a snapper. I of course selected
the widescreen keepcase version.

Mike