Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Dawn of the Dead, Eternal Sunshine & American Dreams: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Dawn of the Dead, Eternal Sunshine & American Dreams: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Just announced from Columbia/TriStar, Starsky And Hutch: Complete 2nd Season
will be released on July 20th. The price of the box set will be $49.95.

Also from Columbia several titles due out on August 24th:
Boa Vs. Python
Godzilla: The Animated Series - Monster Wars ($14.95)
Lilith
Lord Jim
Raising Victor Vargas (Special Edition)
Excepted where noted the retail price for each disc will be $24.95.

Wire: The Complete 1st Season will be released by HBO on September 21st
listing for $99.98.

Announced by Alpha Video for release on August 31st a rather large and
diverse batch of DVD titles. All will list for $9.98. Included are:
Legion Of Missing Men
Lights Of Old Santa Fe
Medic: TV Series
Melody for Three
Mondo Balordo
Ramar Of The Jungle, Vol. 4
Rawhide
Second Chorus
This Is The Army
Trapped By Television
Bat (1926)
Christmas Cartoon Classics
Ozzie And Harriett: Christmas Classics
City Without Men
Country Gentlemen
Dawn On The Great Divide
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (2002)
Drums Of Jeopardy
Embalmer (1966)
Flight To Nowhere
Home In Oklahoma
It's A Joke Son
Last Man On Earth
Ipcress File

A few announcements in from Universal. Dawn Of The Dead will be released as
an Unrated director's cut on October 5th. They will have separate pan & scan
and anamorphic wide screen releases. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio and list
for $29.98. The extras were announced as including:
The Lost Tape: Andy's Terrifying Last Days Revealed
Special Bulletin: We Interrupt This Program!
Undead Scenes with Commentary by Director Zack Snyder
Raising the Dead
Attack of the Living Dead
Splitting Headaches: Anatomy of Exploding Heads
Feature Commentary with Director Zack Snyder and Producer Eric Newman
DVD-Rom Features

On September 28th Universal has Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, also
with separate P&S and anamorphic variation. Both have Dolby 5.1 and DTS
audio and will retail for $29.98. Extrasare still pending.

The television series that casts modern music stars as pop stars of the
sixties, American Dreams, will have the complete first season released by
Universal on September 7th. The list prince was given as $89.98.

Universal has announced that two of their two pack sets are now
discontinued:
8 Mile (Widescreen/ Edited Supplement) / Empire
Red Dragon (Widescreen) / Bone Collector

Several made for cable movies are being released on September 14th by HBO:
Flashpoint
White Mile
Afterburn
Norma Jean & Marilyn
Hostile Waters
Perfect Witness
Each has a list price of $9.98.

HBO will release Mr. Show: The Complete 4th Season on September 21st listing
for $34.95.

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 45,120 titles. Changes and additions this week number 338 and there
are 2,339 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include The Dreamers, Butterfly Effect, Blazing Saddles
30th Anniversary, Six Feet Under: Season 2, Under the Lighthouse Dancing and
High Art. Recent reviews include Dead Like Me Season 1, Monster, The
Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and The Girl with a Pear Earring.
Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Fish! (mmm Thecla)

> A few announcements in from Universal. Dawn Of The Dead will be released as
> an Unrated director's cut on October 5th. They will have separate pan & scan
> and anamorphic wide screen releases. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio and list
> for $29.98. The extras were announced as including:
> The Lost Tape: Andy's Terrifying Last Days Revealed
> Special Bulletin: We Interrupt This Program!
> Undead Scenes with Commentary by Director Zack Snyder
> Raising the Dead
> Attack of the Living Dead
> Splitting Headaches: Anatomy of Exploding Heads
> Feature Commentary with Director Zack Snyder and Producer Eric Newman
> DVD-Rom Features
>
> On September 28th Universal has Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, also
> with separate P&S and anamorphic variation. Both have Dolby 5.1 and DTS
> audio and will retail for $29.98. Extrasare still pending.

warming up Azureus as we speak.

JMas493

>The television series that casts modern music stars as pop stars of the
>sixties, American Dreams, will have the complete first season released by
>Universal on September 7th. The list prince was given as $89.98.

Any word on whether all the original music will be intact? Some shows have had
to substitute a lot of new music, with disappointing results.

John

Doug MacLean

"JMas493" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >The television series that casts modern music stars as pop stars of the
> >sixties, American Dreams, will have the complete first season released by
> >Universal on September 7th. The list prince was given as $89.98.

> Any word on whether all the original music will be intact? Some shows

have had
> to substitute a lot of new music, with disappointing results.
>
> John

Looks like the original music was licensed with a DVD in mind. From the
studio announcement I received:

"An evocative series set against the memorable, upbeat sounds of the 1960's,
American Dreams depicts a more innocent America, bracing for cultural
turbulence ahead, as seen through the youthful Pryor family. 16-year-old Meg
Pryor (Snow) pursues her dreams of dancing on Dick Clark's "American
Bandstand", allowing the series to showcase performances from today's
hottest music artists appearing as 1960's music icons. All 25 episodes from
the first season, including extended director's cut episodes featuring full
length musical performances from artists like Usher, Ashanti, Kelly Rowland
of Destiny's Child, Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, India.Arie and many
more!"

I hope this helps.

--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

JMas493

Thanks. I would think current shows are including the possibility of a DVD
release when they originally license the music.

John