Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD VERDICT

DVD VERDICT

Lookingglass

Do you think there might be a way to get DVD VERDICT to post MORE dvd
reviews here...? I very much appreciate reading the reviews... and like
another poster stated... it sometimes reminds me about a dvd that I want to
get OR perhaps it piques my interest in a dvd that I might not have thought
of getting...

KEEP THE REVIEWS COMING

Dave Chabot http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.Shemakhan.com

Justin

Lookingglass wrote on [Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:27:04 GMT]:
> Do you think there might be a way to get DVD VERDICT to post MORE dvd
> reviews here...?

Funny, I haven't seen them post a review here for years.

Hamilcar Barca

In article <Ir6Ac.46675$eu.34030@attbi_s02> (Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:27:04
+0000), Lookingglass wrote:

> Do you think there might be a way to get DVD VERDICT to post MORE dvd
> reviews here...?

Do you think there might be a way to get DVD VERDICT to post ANY dvd
reviews here...?

> KEEP THE REVIEWS COMING

POST A REVIEW WHEN READY

Brett

Hamilcar Barca wrote:

> In article <Ir6Ac.46675$eu.34030@attbi_s02> (Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:27:04
> +0000), Lookingglass wrote:
>

>>Do you think there might be a way to get DVD VERDICT to post MORE dvd
>>reviews here...?

> Do you think there might be a way to get DVD VERDICT to post ANY dvd
> reviews here...?
>

>>KEEP THE REVIEWS COMING

> POST A REVIEW WHEN READY

Why doesn't someone just copy & paste the reviews here as their
"notifications" are posted, to save us all having to visit the site?

Richard C.

Posting here takes up bandwidth and eliminates older posts faster.
Posting LINKS to the reviews is the most appropriate method.

The current postings are just fine.

==================================
"Brett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40d16bd0$0$12960$(E-Mail Removed) u...
: Hamilcar Barca wrote:
:
: > In article <Ir6Ac.46675$eu.34030@attbi_s02> (Thu, 17 Jun 2004
01:27:04
: > +0000), Lookingglass wrote:
: >
: >

Richard C. wrote on [Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:35:55 -0700]:
> Posting here takes up bandwidth and eliminates older posts faster.
> Posting LINKS to the reviews is the most appropriate method.
>
> The current postings are just fine.

So sayeth a top poster.

Nomen Nescio

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:27:04 GMT, "Lookingglass" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Do you think there might be a way to get DVD VERDICT to post MORE dvd
>reviews here...? I very much appreciate reading the reviews... and like
>another poster stated... it sometimes reminds me about a dvd that I want to
>get OR perhaps it piques my interest in a dvd that I might not have thought
>of getting...
>
>KEEP THE REVIEWS COMING

What reveiws??? I haven't seen a single review from DVD VERDICT in this
group.

Writer R5

>Why doesn't someone just copy & paste the reviews here as their
>"notifications" are posted, to save us all having to visit the site?

I used to do that years ago, but sometimes it would come out with some HTML
coding on certain programs and people would sometimes type, "Why can't you just
post a link?"

Mark
GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
(E-Mail Removed)

FAQmeister

"Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> Why doesn't someone just copy & paste the reviews here as their
>> "notifications" are posted, to save us all having to visit the site?

> I used to do that years ago, but sometimes it would come out with
> some HTML coding on certain programs and people would sometimes type,
> "Why can't you just post a link?"

Pretty weak.

You can scrub all html from any text copied from a web page or elsewhere
by pasting it into notepad, copying it again and then pasting it where
you need it.

And you don't need (nor is it desirable) for you to post every review
you do. Post one review per week, with a list of the other reviews made
available for that week on your site (without the individual links) and
a link in your sig would be sufficient.

But I suppose you wouldn't consider changing anything as long as you're
getting away with spamming this group constantly. Or would you?
--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

Justin

FAQmeister wrote on [Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:26:45 -0700]:
> "Writer R5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> Why doesn't someone just copy & paste the reviews here as their
>>> "notifications" are posted, to save us all having to visit the site?

>> I used to do that years ago, but sometimes it would come out with
>> some HTML coding on certain programs and people would sometimes type,
>> "Why can't you just post a link?"

> Pretty weak.
>
> You can scrub all html from any text copied from a web page or elsewhere
> by pasting it into notepad, copying it again and then pasting it where
> you need it.
>
> And you don't need (nor is it desirable) for you to post every review
> you do. Post one review per week, with a list of the other reviews made
> available for that week on your site (without the individual links) and
> a link in your sig would be sufficient.

A review does not need to be in HTML anyway, it's a freaking piece of
text.