Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Paramount comes in with an unusually large number of up coming DVD
announcements. There is a little something for almost any taste including
some previously released titles being included in their 'Collector's
Edition' series.

For fans of Jerry Lewis Paramount has quite a few of his films set for
release. On October 5th they have set most of the well known films ranging
from 1951 when he was still part of Martin an Lewis up to 1970. Included in
the release announcements are:
The Stooge
Delicate Delinquent
Bellboy
Ladies' Man
Errand Boy
Patsy
Disorderly Orderly
Family Jewels
Cinderfella
Each title will list for $14.99.
Also on that date but for $19.99 will be:
Nutty Professor (Collector's Edition)

Footloose (Collector's Edition) will be released by Paramount on September
28th listing for $19.99. Extras are listed as including 'numerous
featurettes and bonus songs'.

Paramount will release Untouchables (Collector's Edition) on October 5th
also for $19.99. As with the other Collector's Editions extras are pending.

Then on October 19th Paramount has Deep Impact (Collector's Edition) ready
for release.

Top Gun gets two separate Collector's Editions, one in anamorphic video the
other in P&S. Both are set for release on November 16th with a suggested
retail price of, you guesses it, $19.99.

Other titles announced for release by Paramount are as follows. Unless
otherwise noted the lsit price for each title will be $14.99:
August 31st:
Teletubbies: The Magic Pumpkin and Other Stories
Curious Buddies: Look And Listen At The Park (3-18 Months)
Listing for $16.99 each.

October 5th
Godfather: Part II
Godfather: Part III
for $19.99

All I Want For Christmas
Bebe's Kids
Black Beauty (1971)

October 19th:
Conquest Of Space
Fire In The Sky
The Explorers
D.A.R.Y.L.

October 26th:
Thing Called Love
Jimmy Hollywood

November 9th:
1492: Conquest Of Paradise
Naked Jungle
Ace High
Arrowhead
Last Train From Gun Hill

November 16th:
Testament
Foul Play
Ragtime
Bopha!

November 30th:
Lords Of Discipline
Keep
It's All True
Racing With The Moon

December 21st:
Show Of Force
Distant Thunder (198

January 2nd:
Brain Donors

Confirmation from Buena Vista that Ella Enchanted due for release on August
24th will be available in both a P&S and anamorphic variation. Each will
retail for $29.99.

Speaking of Buena Vista, initial announcements have been received for a
couple of high profile releases:
The Ladykillers set to drop on September 14th. Extras where given as
including:
The Slap Reel (outtakes),
Gospel of the Ladykillers (deleted music scenes),
Danny Ferrington: The Man Behind the Band
The Ladykillers Script Scanner (DVD-ROM script reader)

Buena Vista has The Alamo due for release on September 28th. Extras are
stated as including
Walking in the Footsteps of Heroes,
Return of a Legend: The Making of the Alamo
Deep in the Heart of Texans),
deleted scenes

Both will have separate P&S and anamorphic widescreen releases and will
retail for $29.99.

Just a note to everyone that downloads the complete DVD database, there has
been several cahgnes made to the files that are geared to the up coming
addition of directo and actor information. Please check with the download
page for details.

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 45,083 titles. Changes and additions this week number 301 and there
are 2,302 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include The Dreamers, Butterfly Effect, Blazing Saddles
30th Anniversary, Six Feet Under: Season 2, Under the Lighthouse Dancing and
High Art. Recent reviews include Dead Like Me Season 1, Monster, The
Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and The Girl with a Pear Earring.
Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Derek Janssen

Doug MacLean wrote:

> Paramount comes in with an unusually large number of up coming DVD
> announcements. There is a little something for almost any taste including
> some previously released titles being included in their 'Collector's
> Edition' series.

> November 30th:
> Keep

....That's "THE Keep" to you, pal--
And a generation of old-school DVD owners just crossed another
impossible dream off their lists.

> November 16th:
> Foul Play

(Okay, two of them...)

Derek Janssen

Stephen Cooke

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Doug MacLean wrote:

> For fans of Jerry Lewis Paramount has quite a few of his films set for
> release. On October 5th they have set most of the well known films ranging
> from 1951 when he was still part of Martin an Lewis up to 1970.

> Also on that date but for $19.99 will be:
> Nutty Professor (Collector's Edition)

That figures...I just picked up the no-frills original in a bargain bin.
That almost guarantees the release of a special edition.

swac
No need to thank me...

Eric

(Doug*MacLean) wrote:
> October 19th:
> Fire In The Sky

That is great news! I have been wanting this movie on DVD for quite
awhile, as I think it is an underrated sci-fi/alien thriller that
deserved more credit than it got.

Thanks for the great post, Doug.

Eric

Derek Janssen

Eric wrote:
> (Doug MacLean) wrote:
>
>>October 19th:
>>Fire In The Sky

And when you throw in the Trek:Classic season boxes (and yeah, the
Animated Series is coming out in '05), "Brain Donors" and "D.A.R.Y.L",
it just me, or does it seem like EVERY last single remaining Paramount
title fans ever asked for since the very beginning of DVD's is just
coming out between now and November?--
Could they have possibly missed anything??

Derek Janssen (this's....this's not Paramount--This's just getting SPOOKY)
(E-Mail Removed)

Frank Malczewski

Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Eric wrote:
> > (Doug MacLean) wrote:
> >
> >>October 19th:
> >>Fire In The Sky

> And when you throw in the Trek:Classic season boxes (and yeah, the
> Animated Series is coming out in '05), "Brain Donors" and "D.A.R.Y.L",
> it just me, or does it seem like EVERY last single remaining Paramount
> title fans ever asked for since the very beginning of DVD's is just
> coming out between now and November?--
> Could they have possibly missed anything??
>
> Derek Janssen (this's....this's not Paramount--This's just getting SPOOKY)
> (E-Mail Removed)

Nah, it's just you. They've haven't announced anything about
Kieslowski's "The Double Life Of Veronique'... Assuming they still have
video rights...

--Frank

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:15:53 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) (Frank
Malczewski) wrote:

>Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Eric wrote:

>> And when you throw in the Trek:Classic season boxes (and yeah, the
>> Animated Series is coming out in '05), "Brain Donors" and "D.A.R.Y.L",
>> it just me, or does it seem like EVERY last single remaining Paramount
>> title fans ever asked for since the very beginning of DVD's is just
>> coming out between now and November?--
>> Could they have possibly missed anything??
>>
>> Derek Janssen (this's....this's not Paramount--This's just getting SPOOKY)
>> (E-Mail Removed)

>Nah, it's just you. They've haven't announced anything about
>Kieslowski's "The Double Life Of Veronique'... Assuming they still have
>video rights...
>
>--Frank

And there's "Robinson Crusoe on Mars."

While controlled by Universal there must be some 100 titles from 1927
to the second world war made by Paramount that I'd like to see. To say
that Paramount's "want list" has been fulfilled is far, far from the
mark.

.Steve .

Mike Kohary

Eric wrote:
> (Doug MacLean) wrote:
>> October 19th:
>> Fire In The Sky

> That is great news! I have been wanting this movie on DVD for quite
> awhile, as I think it is an underrated sci-fi/alien thriller that
> deserved more credit than it got.

What sank this film for me was the claim that it was based on a "true
story", and then watching it in that context. Just like "The Amityville
Horror"!

Mike

Jay Stewart

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
(Doug MacLean) wrote:
> October 19th:
> Fire In The Sky

That is great news! I have been wanting this movie on DVD for quite
awhile, as I think it is an underrated sci-fi/alien thriller that
deserved more credit than it got.

Thanks for the great post, Doug.

Eric

Ditto. I have been waiting for this one for a long time.