Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > OH BROTHER: COPY PROTECTED ?

OH BROTHER: COPY PROTECTED ?

sam1967@hetnet.nl

I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
protected.
is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

kaydigi

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
> protected.
> is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

How can you tell?

kaydigi

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40cdd3b4$0$3040$(E-Mail Removed)...
> kaydigi wrote:
>
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
> >>protected.
> >>is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

> > How can you tell?

> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
>
> Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

Didn't want to accuse someone.

Derek Janssen

kaydigi wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
>>protected.
>>is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

> How can you tell?

....Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.

Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

sam1967@hetnet.nl

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:37:49 GMT, "kaydigi"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:40cdd3b4$0$3040$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> kaydigi wrote:
>>
>> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > How can you tell?

>> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
>>
>> Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

>Didn't want to accuse someone.

i copied it. accuse ? you sound like the kind of person who condones
torture and assassination by your govt but want to hang people for
bootlegging DVDs.

Urra Dipschitt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> i copied it. accuse ? you sound like the kind of person who condones
> torture and assassination by your govt but want to hang people for
> bootlegging DVDs.

Oh **** off you dickhead. I hate with you little Dutch ***** bring
politics into **** like this. **** you. You know you got the disc from
the library to make yourself a copy you little ****er. You're a lying
prick if you deny it.

Justin

(E-Mail Removed) wrote on [Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:16:43 +0100]:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:37:49 GMT, "kaydigi"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:40cdd3b4$0$3040$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
>>>
>>> Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

>>Didn't want to accuse someone.
>>

> i copied it.

So, you stole it.

This person refrained from accusing you, you ****ing moron.

> you sound like the kind of person who condones
> torture and assassination by your govt but want to hang people for
> bootlegging DVDs.

Hanging is a bit much, fining them would work.

Ronald Stoehr

Derek Janssen wrote:

> kaydigi wrote:
>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
>>> protected.
>>> is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

>> How can you tell?

> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
>
> Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)
> (E-Mail Removed)

You generalizing little prick! Right, there's no piracy going on the
good old USA. Those cute FBI warnings are really working, right?

l8er
ronny

Biz

"Ronald Stoehr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:canj4g$scs$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Derek Janssen wrote:
>
> > kaydigi wrote:
> >
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> How can you tell?

> > ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
> >
> > Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >

> You generalizing little prick! Right, there's no piracy going on the
> good old USA. Those cute FBI warnings are really working, right?
>
> l8er
> ronny

Well look who's complaining about his post...someone with a ".de"
address...surpirse surprise. Sure there is piracy in the US, but its not
near as rampant as it is in Western Europe espeically with file sharing and
P2P networks

Derek Janssen

Ronald Stoehr wrote:

>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> How can you tell?

>> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
>>
>> (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

> You generalizing little prick! Right, there's no piracy going on the
> good old USA. Those cute FBI warnings are really working, right?

....Hey, at least we BUY disks in the US and go to theaters!

Derek Janssen (I mean, what, do they actually *have* any working video
stores or theaters in the Netherlands, or did they tear them all down to
build fish canneries?)
(E-Mail Removed)