Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > From DVD on computer to TV

From DVD on computer to TV

Elise

Hi, Can anyone help me, i have a DVD player on my computer, is it possible
to play dvd's on my computer but watch them on the television.

What The!

Yes.

"Elise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T9Nyc.67809$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi, Can anyone help me, i have a DVD player on my computer, is it possible
> to play dvd's on my computer but watch them on the television.

Leadfoot

"Elise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T9Nyc.67809$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi, Can anyone help me, i have a DVD player on my computer, is it possible
> to play dvd's on my computer but watch them on the television.

Does your video card have an s-video output?

Does your tv have an s-video input?

In my case I have a Home theater receiver with the computer hooked up to the
VCR2 s-video and the s-video switched to the TV through the receiver. I can
also play my mp3's and DTS albums from my hard drive direct to my receiver
through the optical connector from my soundcard

The key search term you want to use is Home Theather PC or HTPC. Do a
google search and you will learn much grasshopper.

Elise

I have no s-video output on my Toshiba Satellite laptop pentium four.
The thing is I have aDVD player but ca't connect it.
So I guess ,,I better find someone to do it for me.

Thanks
Elise

"Leadfoot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Elise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:T9Nyc.67809$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Hi, Can anyone help me, i have a DVD player on my computer, is it

possible
> > to play dvd's on my computer but watch them on the television.

> Does your video card have an s-video output?
>
> Does your tv have an s-video input?
>
> In my case I have a Home theater receiver with the computer hooked up to

the
> VCR2 s-video and the s-video switched to the TV through the receiver. I

can
> also play my mp3's and DTS albums from my hard drive direct to my receiver
> through the optical connector from my soundcard
>
> The key search term you want to use is Home Theather PC or HTPC. Do a
> google search and you will learn much grasshopper.

GMAN

In article <1sozc.9767$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Elise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have no s-video output on my Toshiba Satellite laptop pentium four.
>The thing is I have aDVD player but ca't connect it.
>So I guess ,,I better find someone to do it for me.
>
>Thanks
>Elise

Why waste your time. Buy an elcheapo DVD player for $29 form Best Buy and be
done with it.