Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > OH BROTHER WHERE ART THOU : Filming Process

OH BROTHER WHERE ART THOU : Filming Process

Mark Spatny

JFR <"jeanfr"@$$$.ca>,JFR <"jeanfr"@$$$.ca> says...

> I remember reading it was the first film to go through the whole digital
> intermediate process. Is this the case? If not, which was the first one?

I just remembered who would have the answer you are looking for. Go to
the forums at Cinematographer.com :
http://www.uemforums.com/2pop/ubbthreads/postlist.php?
Cat=&Board=cinematographer

Post your question, and I'm sure you'll get an answer. Especially if you
put David Mullen's name in the subject. He used to post here a lot, and
as I seem to recall, he may have worked on the first digital
intermediate. I noticed that although he doesn't post here anymore, he
still replies to comments at Cinematographer.com, so you should be able
to get an answer from him.

Hope that helps.

-Mark

Rupert Pupkin

From: Grand Inquisitor http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>madkevin wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>the film quality on OH BROTHER WHERE ART THOU has an aged feel to it.
>>>can anyone tell me the filming process used in its making ?
>>>

>> Roger Deakins digitally coloured most of the movie to make it look like

>autumn.
>> If you have the DVD, there's a brief interview where he goes into some

>detail
>> about the process. Interestingly: the movie marks the first use of CGI by

>the
>> Coens.

>No it isn't, think of the CG bowling balls and pins in the dream
>sequence in The Big Lebowski, not to mention all the digital compositing
>(and Jeff Bridges was digitally shrunk to make him fit through the
>dancers' legs).

Also, the marmot in the bathtub was CG.

Jay Stewart

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1E5zc.8607$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> "awknod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Why? the movie is terrible.

> Your post contributes nothing to this conversation.

It does, however, identify the poster as a dickhead.