Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Gateway connected DVD and NetGear 108 Mbps router

Gateway connected DVD and NetGear 108 Mbps router

z-man

I'm having trouble getting my gateway connected dvd (802.11g) player
to communicate reliably with my new NetGear 108 (super G) router.

It sees the router instantly but has trouble connecting with the
server. I have reserved an IP address for it and have manually set
the IP address in the player. Still cannot see/connect with the
server sometimes.

It used to work more reliably with my NetGear 802.11b router. I
thought upgrading to g/SuperG would take care of the few problems by
increasing the range and speed but am not having much luck.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Z.