Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WiFi Trying to connect...

WiFi Trying to connect...

=?Utf-8?B?RERT?=

Hoping someone can shed some light.

I have a wifi network that is shared out here at my apartment. I have been
given the WEP key, but even after I configure that, it shows my wifi
connection trying to connect (bounch back and forth) then it will time out
and say "unable to connect." I'm not sure why this is happening. I am on
Windows XP Pro. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Tracy

Hello,

What kind of hardware and software are u using ?
"DDS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hoping someone can shed some light.
>
> I have a wifi network that is shared out here at my apartment. I have
> been
> given the WEP key, but even after I configure that, it shows my wifi
> connection trying to connect (bounch back and forth) then it will time out
> and say "unable to connect." I'm not sure why this is happening. I am
> on
> Windows XP Pro. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?RERT?=

Hello Tracy,

I'm using XP Pro, and an IBM Laptop with an Airlink Wireless NIC card.