Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: port I/O in c++

Re: port I/O in c++

John Harrison

"Kevin Cifuentes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G_LNa.6700$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all i need some of your help. I tried compiling this using Dev-C++ and
> at no suprise it gave me an error. I say w/out suprise because I just
> discovered that the _outp and possibly the _inp functions are
> windows-specific in conio.h.

Yes, the leading underscore is the clue.

> I checked in conio.h provided in Dev-C++ and I
> couldn't find the functions anywhere. Do any of you know where I can find

> header or library that has port I/O specific functions much similar to

_inp
> and _outp? Thanx. Here's the code:

You need to ask on a group that supports your platform. Is it MSDOS? If so
then try comp.os.msdos.programmer. There are no platform independent ways of
doing port I/O and platform independent C++ is all we discuss here.

john