Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Using advanced MFC components without the use of MFC

Re: Using advanced MFC components without the use of MFC

Scott McPhillips

TheTempest wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to impliment CRichEditCtrl (a text edit control that allows
> you to bold/italicize text) into my program without the use of MFC. I
> find MFC to be way too much overhead and I'm looking for something
> along the lines of:
> CreateWindow("CRichEditCtrl",...);
>
> Thanks

You're asking the wrong newsgroup how to take the wrong approach based
on a wrong premise. The control is not an MFC component. Search MSDN
for "Creating a Rich Edit Control". The appropriate newsgroup is
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]