Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Networking Problem

Wireless Networking Problem

=?Utf-8?B?S2luZ0h1c3NpZW4=?=

I just bought a Linksys Wireless Router with Wireless Notebook adapter. I set
it all up and everything, thinking this would be a cake walk, but soon
realize that that isn't the case.

This is how my network is setup:

Desktop Computer:
-Wired to router
-Runs WinXP Home SP2

Laptop Computer:
-Wireless to router
-Runs WinXP Home SP2

DSL Modem
-Wired to router

Both computers connect to the router and the internet fine.

Now the problem I'm having is that I can't access my desktops shared files
from my laptop, but I can the other way around. This is the exact error I
get:

Quote:
\\Desktop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the admin to see if you have access permissions.

Logon Failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer.

I read somewhere that Home doesn't allow users to modify permissions or turn
off Simple File Sharing, but found out that there was a way: Boot into
safemode with networking. There I enabled all groups to have full control.
Also I created a server\\guest user and gave that account full control. Well
it didn't work, but now on my desktop computer I see a shared folder that is
definitely on neither of my comps. I'm pretty sure I'm accessing another
persons wireless network.

I would love to be able to access my laptop from my desktop and vice versa,
but so far its seeming to be impossible.

Any help to my dilemma is much appreciated.

Thanks.

This is SIMILAR to the problem I had with file sharing between
2 desktops connected to a linksys router, and a laptop that is
connected wireless to an actiontec dsl/modem router

I put a link in my online notes about what I was told to do
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM

Click the Wireless Networking link