Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: multi-dimensional search algorithm blues...

Re: multi-dimensional search algorithm blues...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Juli=E1n?= Albo

John Everett escribió:

> There are two arrays ( A_dots and B_dots ).
> each array is set up like this:
> float A_dots[100000][3];
> float B_dots[100000][3];
>
> each array holds the x,y,z coordinates of a point in space.
>
> Here is the problem:
>
> There are ~1000 points in A_dots that are NOT in B_dots and
> I need to find them.

You can sort both arrays and then use std::set_difference.

Regards.

John Everett

News group,

Both the data structure setup and especially the
set difference idea seem promising. I will post back
any success. Thanks for your help.

~ John