Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cant share all drives on Network

Cant share all drives on Network

justintime

I just got a new laptop. It has XP pro. My desktop has xp pro. I set up
a wifi home network on it. There is nothing else on except windows and
the wifi card. I set up sharing on my Desktop Drive C:, D:, E: F: all
work including the internet, except D: wont share, It shows the files
and folders but when I click on one I get the message "Not accessable.
You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
Admin bla, bla. Access denied. On my old laptop D: works.

I have tried turning off sharing D: on the master then setting it to
share again, no go. I cant figure out why I can share any drive but D:
which is a partition of C: I also have another desktop that also works
sharing D: without problems. Only this new laptop I cant get files off
my Master desktop drive D:

Any Ideas?

Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVhbGNv?=

If you get a useful reply to this, I would love to hear about it, for I have
basically the same problem. There is some major malfunction inside Windows
when it comes to file sharing and wireless networks, that is my suspicion.
You will likely get some well meaning responses from the more technically
proficient out there, but I have tried everything I have received both first
and second hand and the problem persists. I can access all computers back
and forth using the IP addresses, but the good old "Network Neighborhood"
that worked so well when I had everything hard wired seems to be gone forever.