Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ Server Framework: Interest and Market potential

C++ Server Framework: Interest and Market potential

Peter Sommerlad

Hi,

just a few questions:
A) Do you know of any C++ Application Server frameworks, i.e. libraries,
that make it easy to develop (Web) server applications?
B) Would there be interest in such a thing?
C) B) if it is open source?

Yours
Peter.

Mike Wahler

Peter Sommerlad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> just a few questions:
> A) Do you know of any C++ Application Server frameworks, i.e. libraries,
> that make it easy to develop (Web) server applications?
> B) Would there be interest in such a thing?
> C) B) if it is open source?

Just one question? Is your search engine broken?

Typing in "Web Server C++" into google.com gives
many promising hits, e.g.:
http://httpd.apache.org/

-Mike

Gianni Mariani

Peter Sommerlad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a few questions:
> A) Do you know of any C++ Application Server frameworks, i.e. libraries,
> that make it easy to develop (Web) server applications?
> B) Would there be interest in such a thing?
> C) B) if it is open source?
>
> Yours
> Peter.

ACE
CommonC++

probably others ....

Peter Sommerlad

Well,
I seemed to have asked the question wrong.

Gianni Mariani wrote:

> Peter Sommerlad wrote:
>> just a few questions:
>> A) Do you know of any C++ Application Server frameworks, i.e. libraries,
>> that make it easy to develop (Web) server applications?
>> B) Would there be interest in such a thing?
>> C) B) if it is open source?

> ACE
> CommonC++

I am well aware of both frameworks. However, they seem to be quite low
level, compared to what I am thinking of. I was asking for something that
has what they've got, plus also higher level abstractions, e.g.

- a (HTTP) request handling engine
- abstractions for requests, users, user roles, navigation maps, sessions
- abstractions for pages, rendering, data access layers
- built-in multi-threading (multi-)server abstraction with leader-follower
- configurability (aka "no C++ programming necessary")

better question? (I am ill, may be that hinders my brain from asking well)
--
Peter.