Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > synchronization problems

synchronization problems

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZ2E=?=

I am new and I hope I chose the right forum. I have been looking on the net
and in the manuals, and could not find anything useful, so now I hope some of
you can help me.
Any suggestion is appreciated, for posting in other forums or for resources
already available on the net.

I recently bought an Ipaq running Pocket PC. I syncronized it with my laptop
using the USB cable and, after a few trials I managed to copy my Outlook data
into the Ipaq.
Today I did it again and noticed that the info I recorded in the Ipaq's
calendar for the past couple of days went lost, while the info I recorded on
Monday is still in the Ipaq and not on the laptop.
This does not make sense: I set it up to leave conflicts unresolved,
thinking that if it found conflicts during sync, it would have asked me what
to keep. But it did not happen.
If I made a mistake somewhere and set it up to always copy the laptop data
into the Ipaq, why didn't it erase Monday's stuff (which is not in the
laptop's Outlook) as well?

I have checked the set up and cannot find anything wrong. I must be
overlooking something.

Can you tell me what I should check?

Also, where did the appointments which were erased from my Ipaq go? Is there
a Recycle bin in the Pocket PC of the Ipaq? Can I restore that info?

Thank you!