Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Does a float need to be converted to network order?

Does a float need to be converted to network order?

Alexander Terekhov

Karl Heinz Buchegger wrote:

> "Alexander Terekhov" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Steve Coleman wrote:

> > > I haven't read the 'C++ standard' on this issue but I believe this is a
> > > networking library question and thus the question should be asked in
> > > another group.
> > >
> > > But having to deal with this very issue on a daily basis I suggest that
> > > they look into XDR or CDR as an answer to the origional problem. ...

> > Both XDR and CDR use >>THE IEEE 754<< for representations.
> >

> Ahh. Now that's really usefull information. Not that I am
> involved into network tasks. But those things could be
> usefull some day. Thanks.

Karl, only for you.

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/decNumber

regards,
alexander.

P.S. And, BTW, it's not really expensive.