Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Sharing Printer? Networking?

Sharing Printer? Networking?

=?Utf-8?B?dGQ0OHN3ZWVw?=

I have three desktop computers in my home. None of these computers are
networked. All the computers are connected to the internet via a d-link 624
router and d-link dwl-520 wireless cards.

I would like for my computer (using a wireless card to access internet) to
be able to print on the printer that is attached to the computer in the
office (also using a wireless card to access the internet). The other
computer is attched to the router. (if that matters)

The computer I want to print on and the computer attatched to the router are
running Windows 98 SE. My computer is running Windows XP pro.

Do I need to set up a network to be able to print in the office or is there
another way to do so? I wouldn't mind networking the computers if it is
related. If I need to get networking help I can post something in the
networking forum unless someone can help me here.

Thanks,
td48sweep

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:23:07 -0800, td48sweep
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have three desktop computers in my home. None of these computers are
>networked. All the computers are connected to the internet via a d-link 624
>router and d-link dwl-520 wireless cards.
>
> I would like for my computer (using a wireless card to access internet) to
>be able to print on the printer that is attached to the computer in the
>office (also using a wireless card to access the internet). The other
>computer is attched to the router. (if that matters)
>
>The computer I want to print on and the computer attatched to the router are
>running Windows 98 SE. My computer is running Windows XP pro.
>
>Do I need to set up a network to be able to print in the office or is there
>another way to do so? I wouldn't mind networking the computers if it is
>related. If I need to get networking help I can post something in the
>networking forum unless someone can help me here.

Start Here http://www.ezlan.net

If that doesn't help, this might
Network Magic http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1854152,00.asp