Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > City of God (aka. Cidade De Deus)

City of God (aka. Cidade De Deus)

Gary

Originally, I thought the R1/NTSC version would be letterboxed and have less
running time that the Brazilian Special Edition, which I have not yet seen.

Is it true the R1 version is Anamorphic? Does not have special features,
like the Brazilian SE?

What really looks good is the UK version, which is anamorphic, and has some
special features, but no bios of director's interview.

Any other version out there?

ernestazo

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<YTNxc.2072$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Originally, I thought the R1/NTSC version would be letterboxed and have less
> running time that the Brazilian Special Edition, which I have not yet seen.
>
> Is it true the R1 version is Anamorphic? Does not have special features,
> like the Brazilian SE?
>
> What really looks good is the UK version, which is anamorphic, and has some
> special features, but no bios of director's interview.
>
> Any other version out there?

The R1 version is anamorphic (1.85:1) and has a running time of 130
minutes. It includes the 60 minute "News From a Personal War"
documentary, but that's it as far as exras. The video quality is very
good.

Ernesto.

PRECISAMOS DE VOC  EM SUA CIDADE \asopiracentro Java 0 05-14-2008 12:05 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: MAN ON FIRE, BUSH'S BRAIN, CITY OF GOD, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 10-04-2004 09:09 AM
City of God R1/NTSC DVD has been delayed until June Pat DVD Video 0 02-15-2004 11:24 PM
Thank God SirReadAlot MCSD 0 01-27-2004 01:32 PM
City of God delayed? Melquiades DVD Video 1 12-03-2003 09:11 AM

Advertisments