Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Any chance we will ever see SNL Gilda Radner?

Any chance we will ever see SNL Gilda Radner?

Bratboy

Just curious if anyone is aware of such plans? I mean they made DVD's of
some comedians that really , IMHO, never deserved it like Farley & Sandler,
and seem to have totally ignored some of the best of the SNL ppl like Gilda,
Chase and others.

Irrat8ed

I hope they put out a Chevey Chase one...I can see myself almost smirking
after watching it.

"Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40c502e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just curious if anyone is aware of such plans? I mean they made DVD's of
> some comedians that really , IMHO, never deserved it like Farley &

Sandler,
> and seem to have totally ignored some of the best of the SNL ppl like

Gilda,
> Chase and others.

Douglas Henry

Bill Murray gets my vote,him and steve martin classic"What The Hell Is That?
Dougster
"Irrat8ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dI8xc.21118$(E-Mail Removed) y.com...
> I hope they put out a Chevey Chase one...I can see myself almost smirking
> after watching it.
>

> "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40c502e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just curious if anyone is aware of such plans? I mean they made DVD's of
> > some comedians that really , IMHO, never deserved it like Farley &

> Sandler,
> > and seem to have totally ignored some of the best of the SNL ppl like

> Gilda,
> > Chase and others.

Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

"Douglas Henry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bill Murray gets my vote,him and steve martin classic"What The Hell Is

That?
> Dougster

Oh, I know what it is.........WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!

Galley

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:34:36 GMT, "Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>Oh, I know what it is.........WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!

Hey you kids, don't put your lips on that thing!

Galley

FMercury39

>Bill Murray gets my vote,him and steve martin classic"What The Hell Is That?

That is on "SNL: The Best of Steve Martin" which to my knowledge is still
available.

Bratboy

yep Martin and Eddie Murphy are about the only good comedians with SNL
disc's
Actually here is the list of em all that I could find:

SNLBO Adam Sandler (mediocre at best)
SNLBO Chris Farley (honestly never ever found him funny)
SNLBO Mike Myers (guess he's tolerable)
SNLBO Dana Carvey (okay but still not what I call GOOD)
SNLBO Steve Martin (This one is a goodie)
SNLBO Chris Rock (I like him at least can make me laugh)
SNLBO Phil Hartman
SNLBO Eddie Murphy (another GOOD comedian)
SNLBO Molly Shannon

Just seems shame they ignore ppl like Gilda, Chevey & Dan A.

Stephen Cooke

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Bratboy wrote:

> Just curious if anyone is aware of such plans? I mean they made DVD's of
> some comedians that really , IMHO, never deserved it like Farley & Sandler,
> and seem to have totally ignored some of the best of the SNL ppl like Gilda,
> Chase and others.

Unlikely, since the current crop of 20-somethings the show is aimed at
have no idea who Gilda Radner was.

Yet Molly Shannon rates a disc? Go figure.

swac

Douglas Henry

Excellent,I've never seen that one with Steve Martin.
Him playing the medival doctor and lawyer,classic imho.
Dougster
"Stephen Cooke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed).

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Bratboy wrote:
>
> > Just curious if anyone is aware of such plans? I mean they made DVD's of
> > some comedians that really , IMHO, never deserved it like Farley &

Sandler,
> > and seem to have totally ignored some of the best of the SNL ppl like

Gilda,
> > Chase and others.

> Unlikely, since the current crop of 20-somethings the show is aimed at
> have no idea who Gilda Radner was.
>
> Yet Molly Shannon rates a disc? Go figure.
>
> swac

FMercury39

>Actually here is the list of em all that I could find:
>
>SNLBO Adam Sandler (mediocre at best)
>SNLBO Chris Farley (honestly never ever found him funny)
>SNLBO Mike Myers (guess he's tolerable)
>SNLBO Dana Carvey (okay but still not what I call GOOD)
>SNLBO Steve Martin (This one is a goodie)
>SNLBO Chris Rock (I like him at least can make me laugh)
>SNLBO Phil Hartman
>SNLBO Eddie Murphy (another GOOD comedian)
>SNLBO Molly Shannon

They also have Will Ferrell
Wish they'd come out with the Belushi one that was released on VHS in the mid
80's.