Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > powerdvd

powerdvd

Barry day

i use powerdvd xp 4.0
but today it stopped working i insert a dvd and press play but it remains in
stop mode
no disc will work.

Brendan

TCS

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:12:12 GMT, Barry day <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>i use powerdvd xp 4.0
>but today it stopped working i insert a dvd and press play but it remains in
>stop mode
>no disc will work.

What happens if you remove the DVD driver (in device manager) and do a
refresh to reinstall it?
What happens if you remove and reinstall the software?
What happens with other DVD player software?
What about if you swap out the DVD drive with another?

Barry day

i have uninstalled /re-installed power dvd a few times and no improvement at
all it remains in STOP
note: if don't re-install it other application/s wont play dvds either.
do i need a new version of power dvd?
how do i set the dvd rom player to all regions?
is there software that will make it all regions?
Brendan
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:
> >i use powerdvd xp 4.0
> >but today it stopped working i insert a dvd and press play but it remains

in
> >stop mode
> >no disc will work.

> What happens if you remove the DVD driver (in device manager) and do a
> refresh to reinstall it?
> What happens if you remove and reinstall the software?
> What happens with other DVD player software?
> What about if you swap out the DVD drive with another?

Barry day

windows media player seems to work and real one player but just not powerdvd
and to some extent Interactual player says adjust some display thing.
i am not versed in PC **** so i have no idea what the f--k is going on.

wrote:
> >i use powerdvd xp 4.0
> >but today it stopped working i insert a dvd and press play but it remains

in
> >stop mode
> >no disc will work.

> What happens if you remove the DVD driver (in device manager) and do a
> refresh to reinstall it?
> What happens if you remove and reinstall the software?
> What happens with other DVD player software?
> What about if you swap out the DVD drive with another?

Barry day

Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.
BD

wrote:
> >i use powerdvd xp 4.0
> >but today it stopped working i insert a dvd and press play but it remains

in
> >stop mode
> >no disc will work.

> What happens if you remove the DVD driver (in device manager) and do a
> refresh to reinstall it?
> What happens if you remove and reinstall the software?
> What happens with other DVD player software?
> What about if you swap out the DVD drive with another?

Prot

Did you purchase PowerDVD or did you just download the trial version?
If it's the trial version, then your time ran out so now it will not
work. If you find that WMP works, then just use that, otherwise you
will have to fork out the cash to buy it.

BTW, what software came with your dvd rom drive? WinDVD 3.0 came
with mine, but I no longer use it as I use WMP or Nero Showtime to
view dvds.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:41:42 GMT, "Barry day"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.
>BD
>
>"TCS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:12:12 GMT, Barry day <(E-Mail Removed)>

>wrote:
>> >i use powerdvd xp 4.0
>> >but today it stopped working i insert a dvd and press play but it remains

>in
>> >stop mode
>> >no disc will work.

>> What happens if you remove the DVD driver (in device manager) and do a
>> refresh to reinstall it?
>> What happens if you remove and reinstall the software?
>> What happens with other DVD player software?
>> What about if you swap out the DVD drive with another?

TCS

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:41:42 GMT, Barry day <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.

Time to try a different drive.

TCS

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:44:49 -0500, TCS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:41:42 GMT, Barry day <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.

>Time to try a different drive.

oh wait a minute. I thought powerDVD was a different player.

I'm glad you've established tht powerDVD doesn't work for you.
As another poster pointed out, did you pay for it or was it a trial version?

Try a different player. If it works then problem solved.
If not, then replace the drive.

Barry day

Power DVD is the software that came with the computer for the dvd rom drive.
Brendan

"Prot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Did you purchase PowerDVD or did you just download the trial version?
> If it's the trial version, then your time ran out so now it will not
> work. If you find that WMP works, then just use that, otherwise you
> will have to fork out the cash to buy it.
>
> BTW, what software came with your dvd rom drive? WinDVD 3.0 came
> with mine, but I no longer use it as I use WMP or Nero Showtime to
> view dvds.
>

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:41:42 GMT, "Barry day"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.
> >BD
> >
> >"TCS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

remains
> >in
> >>
> >> What happens if you remove the DVD driver (in device manager) and do a
> >> refresh to reinstall it?
> >> What happens if you remove and reinstall the software?
> >> What happens with other DVD player software?
> >> What about if you swap out the DVD drive with another?

Barry day

the drive it self works, not a hardware prob.

wrote:
> >>Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.

> >Time to try a different drive.

> oh wait a minute. I thought powerDVD was a different player.
>
> I'm glad you've established tht powerDVD doesn't work for you.
> As another poster pointed out, did you pay for it or was it a trial

version?

> Try a different player. If it works then problem solved.
> If not, then replace the drive.

powerdvd 6.0 Problems JR Computer Support 1 08-01-2005 11:46 PM
PowerDvd 6 problems Pancho Claus Computer Support 0 07-12-2005 11:02 PM
powerdvd question Smooth Operator Computer Support 1 06-19-2005 03:47 AM
PowerDVD 6.0 JR Computer Support 0 06-04-2005 03:19 AM
display all garbled when hardware accelaration selected on Powerdvd 4 xp gururin Computer Support 3 11-27-2003 09:14 PM

Advertisments