Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "Gladiator" Gold Series

"Gladiator" Gold Series

Maverick Dude

Is their a difference, other than the gold box? Thanks.

Brian Barker

I'm not sure about the gold box edition, but Ridley is working on a longer
directors cut or whatever they are calling them these days. I'd wait
myself.

Brian

Tad Bitt§ļ£

"Maverick Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is their a difference, other than the gold box? Thanks.

No. The studio simply packages the original dvd in a gold sleeve to give
some impression that it is a newer version. This makes about as much sense
as Superman (Superbit) costing more than a deluxe 2 dvd version set with all
kinds of extras. Same for Mystic River. No extra's on the single WB dvd, but
2 bonus discs in a box set that costs $15.00.