Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: THX-1139, Passion, Scooby Do 2: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: THX-1139, Passion, Scooby Do 2: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

A few awaited titles were announced after the long holiday weekend. Warner
Brothers will release George Lucas' early cult classic THX-1139 on September
14th. There will be both a one disc and two disc version, both featuring
anamorphic 2.35:1 video and Dolby Surround audio. The one disc will retail
for $19.98 with $26.98 for the special edition.
One disc extras:
Audio Commentary: George Lucas and sound editor, Walter Murch.
Two disc extras:
Audio Commentary: George Lucas and sound editor, Walter Murch;
Documentary: "A Legacy of Filmmakers:
The Early Years of American Zoetrope";
Easter Egss;
Featurette: "Artifact from the Future: Making of, "Bald";
"Electric Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB" - George Lucas's original student film;
Theatrical Trailer.

Warner Brothers also has Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, sequel to the
live action flick, set for release on September 14th. Both P&S and
anamorphic widescreen releases are announced. Extras where given as
including:
Additional Scenes: with director's commentary;
Documtaries:
True Ghoul Hollywood Story,
Dancing Dog:
Featurette:
Scooby give an inside look at the stunts, sets, and visual effects;
Interactive Menus:
The Scooby-Doo Monsters Unleased Challenge:
Help Shaggy solve the mystery with audio and visual clues;
Music Video: 2 Music Videos:
Big Brovaz "Thank You Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Again"
Simple Plan "Don't Wanna Think About You";
Behind The Mystery Myster: The Mystery Of The Missing Pants:
Behind the scenes with our roving reporter.

Called one of the most controversial films ever made, Fox has Mel Gibson's
'The Passion of the Christ' set for release on August 31st. Separate P&S and
widescreen releases are set for that date. No word as to whether the
widescreen will sport an anamorphic transfer. The audio will feature four
tracks, Hebrew in Dolby 5.1 and DTS and Latin in Dolby 5.1 and DTS. Of
course, English sub titles are included as well as Spanish. Nothing really
in the way of extras where listed in the announcement except for a trailer.
The list price will be $29.99.

Columbia/TriStar has some slapstick comedy for Stooge fans everywhere.
Three Stooges: Goofs On The Loose
Three Stooges: Stooged And Confused
Each of these will retail for $24.95.
or as a two pack for $44.95. All are set for release on August 10th.

Columbia will release Good Times: The Complete Third Season on August 10th
listing for $29.95.

For those that are fans of giant snake flicks Columbia has Anaconda and Boa
in a two pack set for August 10th listing for $24.95.

in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
43,906 titles with 177 additions or changes and 582 Pre-Release
announcements. The All Titles list has 44,488 titles. Recent releases
include: Last Week 327, This Week 405 and Next Week 213 titles.

Previews of Blazing Saddes, Butterfly Effect, Six Feet Under Season 2, Dead
Like Me Season 1, and Paycheck, Recent reviews include The Company ,
Monster, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Great Escape, Smallville
Season 2 Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World, Kill Bill Vol. 1,
The Cooler, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Final Countdown, Freaks & Geeks,
Schindler's List, House of Sand and Fog.Classic reviews: Them and Steambath,
Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a the list,
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
DVDLister.

Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

Vlvetmorning98

Lucas didn't **** up another one of his films, did he? No "digital
enhancements", I hope?

zmike6

On 03 Jun 2004 04:12:36 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Vlvetmorning9
wrote:

>Lucas didn't **** up another one of his films, did he? No "digital
>enhancements", I hope?

Well, according to the following link, the "Special Edition" plague
continues, even with THX-1138. There are some new digital effects.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17620

Mike Kohary

Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
> Lucas didn't **** up another one of his films, did he? No "digital
> enhancements", I hope?

You wish. THX-1139 will apparently be full of "enhancements", including
revamped special effects and backdrops. Yeah, really. No, I'm not kidding.
Sucks, doesn't it?

Mike

Dennis Kuhn

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c9n5rt$d42$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
> > Lucas didn't **** up another one of his films, did he? No "digital
> > enhancements", I hope?

> You wish. THX-1139 will apparently be full of "enhancements", including
> revamped special effects and backdrops. Yeah, really. No, I'm not kidding.
> Sucks, doesn't it?

THX-113... 9?

Well, at least the new title will be a hint to the hardcore fans that
SOMEthing is amiss.

Dennis

Mike Kohary

Dennis Kuhn wrote:
> "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<c9n5rt$d42$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
>>> Lucas didn't **** up another one of his films, did he? No "digital
>>> enhancements", I hope?

>> You wish. THX-1139 will apparently be full of "enhancements",
>> including revamped special effects and backdrops. Yeah, really.
>> No, I'm not kidding. Sucks, doesn't it?

> THX-113... 9?
>
> Well, at least the new title will be a hint to the hardcore fans that
> SOMEthing is amiss.

Heh, I was blindly copying off the subject header, which wasn't originated
by me! (I always fumble the numbers in the name of this movie...)

Mike

Doug MacLean

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9o10q$48a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dennis Kuhn wrote:
> > "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:<c9n5rt$d42$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >>
> >> You wish. THX-1139 will apparently be full of "enhancements",
> >> including revamped special effects and backdrops. Yeah, really.
> >> No, I'm not kidding. Sucks, doesn't it?

> > THX-113... 9?
> >
> > Well, at least the new title will be a hint to the hardcore fans that
> > SOMEthing is amiss.

> Heh, I was blindly copying off the subject header, which wasn't originated
> by me! (I always fumble the numbers in the name of this movie...)
>
> Mike

Mea Culpa, mea maxima culpu, my typo. My funmbling fingers strike again. Of
course it is THX-1138.

--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

john33907@comcast.net

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 04:59:02 GMT, zmike6 <zmike6@*SPAMBLOCK*yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 03 Jun 2004 04:12:36 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Vlvetmorning9
>wrote:
>
>>Lucas didn't **** up another one of his films, did he? No "digital
>>enhancements", I hope?

>Well, according to the following link, the "Special Edition" plague
>continues, even with THX-1138. There are some new digital effects.
>
>http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17620

I have this on ntsc dvd-r transferred from the LD with his thx 1138
short film. email me with trade offers