Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Disney dvd problem..

Disney dvd problem..

Philio

Hi all,

I just rented "Freaky Friday" and I'm having problems with accessing
widescreen. It seems the default is full screen but I don't appreciate
seeing a screen image cropped and distorted. How can I change to widescreen?
Some dvd's have a different formats on the other side of the disc but I
don't think this one does. Is there a menu command I'm missing? Perhaps they
released different versions of the film. Does anyone know?

Thanx,
_P

kay

"Philio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nu8vc.94363$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi all,
>
> I just rented "Freaky Friday" and I'm having problems with accessing
> widescreen. It seems the default is full screen but I don't appreciate
> seeing a screen image cropped and distorted. How can I change to

widescreen?
> Some dvd's have a different formats on the other side of the disc but I
> don't think this one does. Is there a menu command I'm missing? Perhaps

they
> released different versions of the film. Does anyone know?
>
> Thanx,

I think it asks you as soon as you put the disc in

Jay G

Philio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just rented "Freaky Friday" and I'm having problems with accessing
> widescreen. It seems the default is full screen but I don't
> appreciate seeing a screen image cropped and distorted. How can I
> change to widescreen? Some dvd's have a different formats on the
> other side of the disc but I don't think this one does. Is there a
> menu command I'm missing? Perhaps they released different versions
> of the film. Does anyone know?

The Canadian DVD of the film is 4:3 only, presumably to make
room for the French dub.

-Jay

djskyler

"Philio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nu8vc.94363$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi all,
>
> I just rented "Freaky Friday" and I'm having problems with accessing
> widescreen. It seems the default is full screen but I don't appreciate
> seeing a screen image cropped and distorted. How can I change to

widescreen?
> Some dvd's have a different formats on the other side of the disc but I
> don't think this one does. Is there a menu command I'm missing? Perhaps

they
> released different versions of the film. Does anyone know?
>
> Thanx,
> _P

Disney's USA DVD release of the new Freaky Friday was fullscreen only, no
widescreen version was produced.

Brian The Demolition Man Little

That's it djskyler I'm sick and tired of this crap!
Now someone hit my music....
> Disney's USA DVD release of the new Freaky Friday was fullscreen
> only, no widescreen version was produced.

Strange, the copy I rented off of Netflix has both on it.

--
Demolition Man

kay

"Brian The Demolition Man Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's it djskyler I'm sick and tired of this crap!
> Now someone hit my music....
> > Disney's USA DVD release of the new Freaky Friday was fullscreen
> > only, no widescreen version was produced.

> Strange, the copy I rented off of Netflix has both on it.
>
> --
> Demolition Man

Yep mine also from netflix.

Mark Spatny

Philio,(E-Mail Removed) says...
> It seems the default is full screen but I don't appreciate
> seeing a screen image cropped and distorted.

The fact that you used the word "distorted" makes me wonder if the
problem isn't the DVD, but the way you have your player set up. Do the
people look tall and skinny? Usually when people on this newsgroup
complain about "distorted images", it is because they have their player
set up with the wrong TV screen aspect ratio.

If you are using "distorted" simply to mean "not the original aspect
ratio", then ignore the above paragraph.

Richard C.

"djskyler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09dvc.3532$(E-Mail Removed) m...
: "Philio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:nu8vc.94363$(E-Mail Removed) ...
: > Hi all,
: >
[...]
:
===================
All the ones I saw at Best Buy had both..................

Jim Fraas

My copy has Widescreen on it.
I wouldn't even consider getting it unless it did.
Personally I think they should have scrapped ****frame in favor of a
widescreen version of the 1976 version as an "extra".

--
A widescreen edition of a movie presents the film frame as it was seen in
the movie theater. This is the version that best preserves the filmmaker's

End of story!