Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection?

Another stupid list: Which Actor appears most in your DVD collection?

Bexley

"Dick Sidbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dick Sidbury wrote:
> > Bexley wrote:
> >

> >> Now go an stare at your DVD's...
> >>
> >> --Bex.
> >>

> > How do you count Maud Adams in the James Bond series. She was in more
> > than one movie but played dfferent parts?
> >
> > dick
> > -- If you're going to have complicated rules then they must be precise

Maude is twice. (two seperate characters) But you can count her once if you
like.

> Oh and how do you cound Arnold in the terminator movies? He plays three
> different cyborgs, two of which are very similar.
>
> dick

Arnold is Once (same basic character "The Terminator").

Bexley

Not quite, Jay:

"Jay Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Bexley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:WOKuc.83082$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> > 3 - Movie series only count once, too, so Al Pacino (Godfather I, II, and

> III)
> > only once.
> >

> Robert DeNiro and Bruce Willis top my list - if you count three appearances
> for the Die Hard films...

Willis would only be once, but DeNiro is high on the list (no reoccurring
characters or series for him).

--Bex.

Bexley

"Jerry Boyajian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> > I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may be

> > Star, but he might just be an actor).
> >
> > The rules are as follows:

> [snip]
>
> I'd have to check my collection to be positive, but the last time I
> looked, the top three stars in my collection were (1) John Wayne, (2)
> Cary Grant, and (3) Bob Hope. Charlie Chaplin will probably also be way
> up there if you want to count all of the shorts he made that have been
> released in various DVD collections. For women, I think the top ones are
> Maggie Cheung and Katharine Hepburn.
>
> It was horrifying to realize that John Wayne was way in the lead, since
> I'm really not a fan of his. I just happen to like most of the films
> he's in, despite the fact that he's in them.

You might have a large John Ford collection, which means you probably have all
of Fords supporting players in there as well: John Qualen, Andy Devine, Jeanette
Nolan, John Caradine etc.

> As for supporting roles, God only knows, especially if you're not
> allowing multiple films in a series (otherwise, Desmond Llewellyn would
> be up there for all of his James Bond appearances as "Q").

Multiple films with a single character don't count: "Q" is only one (although he
made a comfortable living out of it) and Bond is considered a series...

> -- jayembee

Jordan Lund

"Bexley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<WOKuc.83082$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may be a
> Star, but he might just be an actor).

Well, I don't have a list of my DVDs in front of me... (I've been
meaning to do a 6 degrees of Jordan's video collection...) but off the
top of my head I'd guess Bruce Willis.

12 Monkeys
Die Hard
Fifth Element
Pulp Fiction
Sixth Sense

A close second would be Ewan MacGregor.

Big Fish
Moulin Rouge
Star Wars I and II
Trainspotting

- Jordan

Mark Spatny

Bexley,(E-Mail Removed) says...

Well, your subject says it is a stupid survey, and I'd agree. Especially
since I think these two rules are stupid. So I'll pass.

> 3 - Movie series only count once, too, so Al Pacino (Godfather I, II, and III)
> only once.

> 5 - Documentaries DON'T count unless the actor Narrates. No exceptions.

Raśl Bloodworth

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bexley wrote:
> > I don't mean which Stars appear most often, but which Actor (i.e. he may
> > be a Star, but he might just be an actor).

> I'm sure I'm missing a few, but here are the ones that came up on a quick
> search through DVD Profiler:

Did you use a DVD Profiler report to get this? If so which one? Thanks

Douglas Bailey

Raśl Bloodworth wrote:
> Douglas Bailey wrote:

>> I'm sure I'm missing a few, but here are the ones that came up on a quick
>> search through DVD Profiler:

> Did you use a DVD Profiler report to get this?

I only *wish*. No, I just chose likely actors and checked their names in
the "Actor" filter, then counted relevant titles by hand.

There's probably a way to do it with the "Export Database to XML" function
and XSLT, but I didn't want to take the time to figure it out.

doug

--
"It's all in the art of stopping..."
--Wire

Raśl Bloodworth

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1vypwqtn9r2q9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Raśl Bloodworth wrote:
> > Douglas Bailey wrote:

> >> I'm sure I'm missing a few, but here are the ones that came up on a

quick
> >> search through DVD Profiler:

> > Did you use a DVD Profiler report to get this?

> I only *wish*. No, I just chose likely actors and checked their names in
> the "Actor" filter, then counted relevant titles by hand.
>
> There's probably a way to do it with the "Export Database to XML" function
> and XSLT, but I didn't want to take the time to figure it out.
>
> doug

Thanks anyway.

NEW DVD "Embedded": Actor enters stage left and takes aim at the lying politicians and their lapdog media JAS DVD Video 8 07-29-2005 02:27 AM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
boost::spirit::actor doesn't accept a std::vector<int> Ingo Nolden C++ 1 07-14-2004 02:22 PM

Advertisments