Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to create DVD-Audio disc

How to create DVD-Audio disc

Mike Kohary

Richard C. wrote:
> ===================
> No. What he is doing is putting CDs onto a DVD-Audio disc.
> If you think that is DVD-Audio, then you are not familiar with the
> format.

You are hopelessly ignorant on the subject, and since you refuse to listen,
I give up.

"Some people, if they don't already know, you can't tell them."

Mike

Richard C.

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9q154$ieo$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Richard C. wrote:
: > ===============================
: > I guess this whole confusion will only end when you find out what an
: > actual commercial DVD-Audio disc sounds like when played through a
: > DVD-Audio capable system.
: >
: > DVD-Audio is NOT the DD/DTS track. That is what I mean.
: > DVD-Audio track is NOT DD/DTS track.
: > You are not copying DVD-Audio tracks.
: >
: > i don't know how to make it more clear.
: > ===================================
:
: Those were never his points, so you're trying to clarify something
that's
: moot.

Then you agree, at least, with most of my points above.

I looked back at his original post and it said:
" all i want to do is take PCM Wav files and create a dvd-audio
disc. my car cd player plays dvd audio, so i want to put lots of my
music down
onto dvd disc (just as we did mp3's on cd-r)."

You are correct. As his he.

I see that he indeed merely wanted to make "something" that could be put
on a DVD-Audio disc.

I apologize to kryptonight for my misunderstanding.
I still cringe at calling the discs DVD-Audio.
Just as I cringe at calling a MP3 of classical music a CD.

But I guess that each person is entitled to his own choices.
Kryptonight, I hope that you at least listen to a "real" DVD-Audio track
on a high quality system.
They are incredible.

=============================
:
: You were claiming it was impossible for him to make a DVD-A, at all.
: thought the same thing at first, but that's simply false.

=================================
Ok. He is making something on the DVD-Audio "format" disc.
I thought that was not possible.
I still wonder what these sound like.
================================
:
: As for your continued harping on the source material, that argument
truly
: mystifies me. The source has absolutely nothing to do with the format
of
: the final product. I could make a DVD by farting into a cell phone if
: really wanted to, and it would still be a DVD.
:
========================
It is not just the SOURCE material that I "harped" about.
It is the end produce.
The DVD-Audio discs that he is making would be poor substitutes for a
"real" DVD-Audio disc.
There would be no similarities.
THAT is my point. I apologize to him for how I expressed that.
I still stand by the quality standard comparison.
========================

Urra Dipschitt

In article <c9sejq$pm7$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> > No. What he is doing is putting CDs onto a DVD-Audio disc.
> > If you think that is DVD-Audio, then you are not familiar with the
> > format.

> You are hopelessly ignorant on the subject, and since you refuse to listen,
> I give up.

Noticed he failed to make a comment on any of the analogies of old
recordings on put on CDs. He's always been a bit of a ****wit but you
know that.

By his logic NOTHING is a DVD-A or a CD since the majority of pro
recordings emanate from either tape-based or hard-disc recording gear.

Mike Kohary

Richard C. wrote:

> I looked back at his original post and it said:
> " all i want to do is take PCM Wav files and create a dvd-audio
> disc. my car cd player plays dvd audio, so i want to put lots of my
> music down
> onto dvd disc (just as we did mp3's on cd-r)."
>
> You are correct. As his he.
>
> I see that he indeed merely wanted to make "something" that could be
> put on a DVD-Audio disc.
>
> I apologize to kryptonight for my misunderstanding.

Ok. Sheesh man, it was like pulling teeth.

Sorry to get involved, it was really none of my business. I just thought
you were giving him an awfully hard time, even if he had been wrong.

> I still cringe at calling the discs DVD-Audio.
> Just as I cringe at calling a MP3 of classical music a CD.

I understand. But they are.

> But I guess that each person is entitled to his own choices.
> Kryptonight, I hope that you at least listen to a "real" DVD-Audio
> track on a high quality system.
> They are incredible.

That's true, they are. When I buy my next DVD player, I plan to make sure
it can handle the format.

> ========================
> It is not just the SOURCE material that I "harped" about.
> It is the end produce.
> The DVD-Audio discs that he is making would be poor substitutes for a
> "real" DVD-Audio disc.
> There would be no similarities.
> THAT is my point. I apologize to him for how I expressed that.
> I still stand by the quality standard comparison.
> ========================

Sure, that's all valid. It's just that sometimes we can only do what we can
do. I'd love to actually improve the quality of my old VHS tapes up to the
standard I expect with a shiny new commercial DVD before I make the
transfer, but I can't, so I do the best I can. Same with converting old
audio tapes to CD or MP3.

Peace.

Mike

Mike Kohary

Urra Dipschitt wrote:
> In article <c9sejq$pm7$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>> No. What he is doing is putting CDs onto a DVD-Audio disc.
>>> If you think that is DVD-Audio, then you are not familiar with the
>>> format.

>> You are hopelessly ignorant on the subject, and since you refuse to
>> listen, I give up.

> Noticed he failed to make a comment on any of the analogies of old
> recordings on put on CDs.

He's made a new post where he finally came around, so it's cool now and I
retract my statement. Hopefully I wasn't too abusive to anyone myself, and
I'm sorry if I was.

Mike

herman hansen herman hansen is offline
Junior Member
Location: thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptoknight
what i want to do seems simple, but is not easy for some reason.

all i want to do is take PCM Wav files and create a dvd-audio disc. my car
cd player plays dvd audio, so i want to put lots of my music down onto dvd
disc (just as we did mp3's on cd-r).

how can i do this?

thanks,
The software you have to use is Audio DVD Creator look after it on google.com