Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to connect DVD player to TV with BNC/Cable-ready input only?

How to connect DVD player to TV with BNC/Cable-ready input only?

sams

Hi,

So far I returned 2 DVD Players , cause the DVD Player only has RCA or
s-video output. Where my TV has only one BNC/Cable-ready type input.

I was a bit shocked to know that a device to convert RCA to BNC cost
about $40.

My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
Appreciate any help.

Sam.

Grand Inquisitor

sams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So far I returned 2 DVD Players , cause the DVD Player only has RCA or
> s-video output. Where my TV has only one BNC/Cable-ready type input.
>
> I was a bit shocked to know that a device to convert RCA to BNC cost
> about $40.
>
> My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
> Appreciate any help.
>
> Sam.

I would give up looking for a DVD player with a coax output. Just buy
the converter. In the US an RF modulator runs about twenty bucks.
Maybe you are in Canada?

--
"I like the cover: 'DON'T PANIC.' It's the first sensible thing I've
heard all day."

Grand Inquisitor

Biz

"sams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> So far I returned 2 DVD Players , cause the DVD Player only has RCA or
> s-video output. Where my TV has only one BNC/Cable-ready type input.
>
> I was a bit shocked to know that a device to convert RCA to BNC cost
> about $40.
>
> My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
> Appreciate any help.
>
> Sam.

You buy the RF modulator. If you don't own a tv equipped with a/v jacks,
you either buy one of those or buy a new tv.

Oldus Fartus

sams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So far I returned 2 DVD Players , cause the DVD Player only has RCA or
> s-video output. Where my TV has only one BNC/Cable-ready type input.
>
> I was a bit shocked to know that a device to convert RCA to BNC cost
> about $40.
>
> My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
> Appreciate any help.
>
> Sam.

Before going and buying an RF modulator, try connecting the DVD through
your VCR. In *many* cases macrovision will not be an issue unless you
try to record.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus