Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > <ATTN> New Cary Grant Movies from Warners are in Keep Cases!!!!!

<ATTN> New Cary Grant Movies from Warners are in Keep Cases!!!!!

Film Buff

Just thought I would pass this along
The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
"Night and Day"
"Destination Tokyo"
"Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
"Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer"
"My Favorite Wife"
Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

Looks like Warners is finally going the keep case route
Wish they would do this on all their releases!!!

Douglas Bailey

Film Buff wrote:
> The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
> [...]
> Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases, so
this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

doug

--
"In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate..."
--XTC

DRO

"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just thought I would pass this along
> The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
> "Night and Day"
> "Destination Tokyo"
> "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
> "Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer"
> "My Favorite Wife"
> Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"
>
> Looks like Warners is finally going the keep case route
> Wish they would do this on all their releases!!!

I think this is because Warners is giving some say to people who also have a
stake in the movie, Like Ted Turner, (Tuner Movie Classics: The Marx
Brothers discs, and the Carry Grant Discs) Joel Silver (The Matrix Movies).
These guys like keepcases and can see that the public likes keepcases, and
they let Warners know their feelings. If Warners has 100% control of the
film, they go with their packaging.

TSKO

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40ba1af4$0$3107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Douglas Bailey wrote:
> > Film Buff wrote:
> >
> >>The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
> >>[...]
> >>Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

> > They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases,

so
> > this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

> I'm guessing it has to do with box-collection titles that are released
> individually (and therefore not folded up in the old multi-pak), and
> more due to box necessity than policy shift--
> But, y'know, it's a START.
>
> Derek Janssen

I just did a pre-order of this on Amazon....got it for only $35 bucks (w/
shipping). For 5 movies....not a bad deal.

Derek Janssen

Douglas Bailey wrote:
> Film Buff wrote:
>
>>The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
>>[...]
>>Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

> They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases, so
> this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

I'm guessing it has to do with box-collection titles that are released
individually (and therefore not folded up in the old multi-pak), and
more due to box necessity than policy shift--
But, y'know, it's a START.

Derek Janssen
(E-Mail Removed)

Bratboy

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40ba1af4$0$3107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Douglas Bailey wrote:
>> Film Buff wrote:
>>
>>>The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
>>>[...]
>>>Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

>> They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases, so
>> this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

> I'm guessing it has to do with box-collection titles that are released
> individually (and therefore not folded up in the old multi-pak), and more
> due to box necessity than policy shift--
> But, y'know, it's a START.
>
> Derek Janssen
> (E-Mail Removed)

I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned copy,
that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe they
are seeing the light

jayembee

"Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned copy,
>that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
>snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe they
>are seeing the light

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is from Fox, and has always come in a keepcase.

-- jayembee

Bratboy

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned
>>copy,
>>that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
>>snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe
>>they
>>are seeing the light

> YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is from Fox, and has always come in a keepcase.
>
> -- jayembee

I'd of sworn my origonal copy was a snapper type case but maybe not.

Stephen Cooke

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Bratboy wrote:
> "jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned
> >>copy,
> >>that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
> >>snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe
> >>they
> >>are seeing the light

> > YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is from Fox, and has always come in a keepcase.

> I'd of sworn my origonal copy was a snapper type case but maybe not.

Maybe you're thinking of BLAZING SADDLES.

swac