Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Bruce Lee 30 Years Boxset

Bruce Lee 30 Years Boxset

Simon

Hi there I just bought this boxset and am very pleased with it.

However I have tried "Big Boss" and it does not have dolby digital sound

It does state on the box it should have dolby digital anyone else got this ?

Please email me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Rick

I think you means "does not have dolby digital 5.1". ALL DVDs MUST have
Dolby Digital at minimum for it to remain the minimum standard for all
issued DVDs on the market as part of the spec. I'm assuming that you are
talking about the Hong Kong Legends remastered Box Set and not some rogue R3
Asian ugly transfer

btw, a word of warning to potential buyers of the HKL Bruce Lee DVD Box Set,
it is missing a couple of extras discs that come as standard in the regular
2-disc Special Editions of each movie. If you want to grab the complete
collection of movies and extras, it's safer to buy them separately instead
of the one Box Set package. There are also some wonderful documentary-only
DVDs available there too of the man. Check out www.hongkonglegends.co.uk
and go through every link on the website to make sure you aren't missing out
on anything that they have in their catalog pertaining to Bruce Lee.

(This is an unpaid product placement announcement brought to you by the fans
.

news:40b8aade$0$17758$(E-Mail Removed) ...

?

> Please email me at (E-Mail Removed)

the dog from that film you saw

"Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40b8c5be$0$254$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Yes I do mean it does not have 5.1 has anyone else found this ?

you do realise that dolby digital 5.1 came into existence in the 90's ?
and the bruce lee films are from the 70's ?

so even if they did have a 5.1 soundtrack it would have been created
artificially many years later by screwing around with everything.

--
Gareth.
Quote of the day.

Simon

Yes I do mean it does not have 5.1 has anyone else found this ?

Simon

news:40b8c096$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think you means "does not have dolby digital 5.1". ALL DVDs MUST have
> Dolby Digital at minimum for it to remain the minimum standard for all
> issued DVDs on the market as part of the spec. I'm assuming that you are
> talking about the Hong Kong Legends remastered Box Set and not some rogue

R3
> Asian ugly transfer
>
> btw, a word of warning to potential buyers of the HKL Bruce Lee DVD Box

Set,
> it is missing a couple of extras discs that come as standard in the

regular
> 2-disc Special Editions of each movie. If you want to grab the complete
> collection of movies and extras, it's safer to buy them separately instead
> of the one Box Set package. There are also some wonderful

documentary-only
> DVDs available there too of the man. Check out www.hongkonglegends.co.uk
> and go through every link on the website to make sure you aren't missing

out
> on anything that they have in their catalog pertaining to Bruce Lee.
>
> (This is an unpaid product placement announcement brought to you by the

fans
> .
>

> "Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40b8aade$0$17758$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > Hi there I just bought this boxset and am very pleased with it.
> >
> > However I have tried "Big Boss" and it does not have dolby digital sound
> >
> > It does state on the box it should have dolby digital anyone else got

this
> ?
> >
> > Please email me at (E-Mail Removed)

Simon

Yes I do, so can anyone confirm that Big Boss its 5.1 as the other movies in
the set are ?

Thanks

Simon

"the dog from that film you saw"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...

> "Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40b8c5be$0$254$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Yes I do mean it does not have 5.1 has anyone else found this ?

> you do realise that dolby digital 5.1 came into existence in the 90's ?
> and the bruce lee films are from the 70's ?
>
> so even if they did have a 5.1 soundtrack it would have been created
> artificially many years later by screwing around with everything.
>

> --
> Gareth.
> Quote of the day.
> You're disgusting! you say he is sex lupines and sweep him away.
> A chinese actress suffers the indignity of bad subtitles in the film 'red

> kill'

John McGerr

It's not 5.1 on my set.
John McGerr
"Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40b8d071$0$22837$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Yes I do, so can anyone confirm that Big Boss its 5.1 as the other movies

in
> the set are ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon
>
> "the dog from that film you saw"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> >
> > "Simon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:40b8c5be$0$254$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > > Yes I do mean it does not have 5.1 has anyone else found this ?

> > you do realise that dolby digital 5.1 came into existence in the 90's ?
> > and the bruce lee films are from the 70's ?
> >
> > so even if they did have a 5.1 soundtrack it would have been created
> > artificially many years later by screwing around with everything.
> >

> > --
> > Gareth.
> > Quote of the day.
> > You're disgusting! you say he is sex lupines and sweep him away.
> > A chinese actress suffers the indignity of bad subtitles in the film

'red
> > kill'

Simon

Well i think thats bad if it says 5.1 on the box !

Simon

news:HK5uc.873$(E-Mail Removed)...