Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > TV series on DVD

TV series on DVD

Derek Janssen

Jim Nason wrote:

> What about "Highway Patrol" for all of us Broderick Crawford fans?

....So, that was a REAL show, and not just a Dan Aykroyd SNL routine??

Derek Janssen (blacknwhites out here, I want blacknwhites!)

Mike

Try this site for tv shows
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40ba41c3$0$3107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim Nason wrote:
>
> > What about "Highway Patrol" for all of us Broderick Crawford fans?

> ...So, that was a REAL show, and not just a Dan Aykroyd SNL routine??
>
> Derek Janssen (blacknwhites out here, I want blacknwhites!)
> (E-Mail Removed)

Jim Nason

news:UiHuc.1934$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Try this site for tv shows
> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/
>

> "Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40ba41c3$0$3107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Jim Nason wrote:
> >
> > > What about "Highway Patrol" for all of us Broderick Crawford fans?

> > ...So, that was a REAL show, and not just a Dan Aykroyd SNL routine??
> >
> > Derek Janssen (blacknwhites out here, I want blacknwhites!)
> > (E-Mail Removed)

"21-50 to Headquarters: 10-4"

Jim Nason

Goro

Edward McArdle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> i have been wondering how the advent of DVDs might affect television
> series.
> Up till now the convention seems to have been to aim for about seven
> seasons, as this has some virtue for syndication. But if the sales of
> DVDs make a lot of money, this might be rethought.
> I am probably going to buy all seven seasons of Buffy, because I really
> liked the show, but probably not other series. I would really like to
> own the various Star Trek series, but (a) there are too many of them,
> and (b) they have never fallen in price. But I have been buying a number
> of series which run about three to four seasons, and which *end*. Angel
> has just fallen into this category, though I havent seen the end yet.

i wonder when they might do a straight to dvd tv series. just sell a
dvd everyweek or every other week for $9 or seomthign...

-goro-

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Goro
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i wonder when they might do a straight to dvd tv series. just sell a
> dvd everyweek or every other week for $9 or seomthign...

You'd have to have most of the show filmed before the first volume ever
hit the shelf, even if you could manage to produce and edit an episode
in a week, as it takes time for items to move through the retail
system. If the first episode tanks you're out the entire production
cost, where as a tv series has the network paying a good chunk of the
cost even if they never air it.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

SoHillsGuy

<< i wonder when they might do a straight to dvd tv series. >><BR><BR>

It's not that far-fetched of an idea. The producers of "24" have hinted they
might pursue this idea at some point, with kind of a
mini-series-straight-to-DVD approach.