Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help Not had this one before

Reply
Thread Tools

Help Not had this one before

 
 
Dragon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2004
I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message

brute force cracking failed

there were no vulnerable blocks

what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round it
to back up the dvd

Dave


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nath
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2004

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsNLtc.24536$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
>
> brute force cracking failed
>
> there were no vulnerable blocks
>
> what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

it
> to back up the dvd
>
> Dave


Flash your drive to RPC-1, then try again.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dragon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2004
hi Dave

what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on

dave

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9829m$b7m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsNLtc.24536$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> > decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
> >
> > brute force cracking failed
> >
> > there were no vulnerable blocks
> >
> > what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

> it
> > to back up the dvd
> >

> Run dvdregionfree or anydvd in the background, dont use brute force (you

can
> disable it in dvd decrypters menus) unless you have to
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2004

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsNLtc.24536$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
>
> brute force cracking failed
>
> there were no vulnerable blocks
>
> what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get round

it
> to back up the dvd
>

Run dvdregionfree or anydvd in the background, dont use brute force (you can
disable it in dvd decrypters menus) unless you have to



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tama Mativa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-28-2004
it still decrypts it , it just runs slower

your dvdrom player is set to one region and the dvd disk is another region


"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V3Mtc.4708$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi Dave
>
> what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on
>
> dave
>
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c9829m$b7m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsNLtc.24536$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > > I am trying to back up Hans Christian Anderson on region 1 disc with
> > > decrypter but when it does the css it comes up with this message
> > >
> > > brute force cracking failed
> > >
> > > there were no vulnerable blocks
> > >
> > > what does this mean, I have never had this before and how do I get

round
> > it
> > > to back up the dvd
> > >

> > Run dvdregionfree or anydvd in the background, dont use brute force (you

> can
> > disable it in dvd decrypters menus) unless you have to
> >
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2004

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V3Mtc.4708$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi Dave
>
> what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on
>


Turn it off
Its used if you are trying to rip a dvd which has a region your drive is
normally unable to read (ie your dvd-rom or writer may normally only read
region 2 disks, using brute force allows you to scan for the protections
like css etc on other region dvd disks) generally you dont need to use it,
it can be buggy and it may be slow, ive only ever seen it have to be used on
a region locked drive trying to decrypt a RCE region 1 disk.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dragon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2004
I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1

Dave

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c98qnh$st2$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:V3Mtc.4708$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi Dave
> >
> > what does brute force mean and do, do i need it on
> >

>
> Turn it off
> Its used if you are trying to rip a dvd which has a region your drive is
> normally unable to read (ie your dvd-rom or writer may normally only read
> region 2 disks, using brute force allows you to scan for the protections
> like css etc on other region dvd disks) generally you dont need to use it,
> it can be buggy and it may be slow, ive only ever seen it have to be used

on
> a region locked drive trying to decrypt a RCE region 1 disk.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2004

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:29%tc.5877$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1
>


What film is it and what region??? and i will tell you if its RCE protected



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dragon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2004
Hans Christian Anderson Danny kaye region 1

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9a2k2$ucn$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:29%tc.5877$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I think the disk I am trying to backup is a rce disk region 1
> >

>
> What film is it and what region??? and i will tell you if its RCE

protected
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-29-2004

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rm2uc.6656$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hans Christian Anderson Danny kaye region 1
>


If its....
Hans Christian Anderson Danny Kaye 1952
Then that title does NOT seem to be RCE protected, and should playback on
any multiregion dvd player
Turn the brute force thing off, and then try... and if it still dont work
try again with dvdregionfree or anydvd running in the background, or even
better run clonedvd or dvdshrink with anydvd or dvdregionfree in the
background, that will almost certainly make a working backup



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone had this problem before? Melvin Snerd Computer Support 6 03-23-2007 03:42 PM
Have you ever had your computer crashed at 3am and wished that you had someone to call? lifestylelink Computer Support 10 08-12-2006 03:05 PM
Never had a DSLR before.... Peter Digital Photography 9 06-30-2005 01:48 PM
had not seen this before Computer Support 8 07-28-2004 01:19 AM
Which control had focus before postback? Marco Liedekerken ASP .Net 2 07-01-2003 04:43 PM



Advertisments