Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How much do used DVD's go for?

How much do used DVD's go for?

JWB

"Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "HellRazor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Sounds like between $5 and $15...just like I said. Your mileage will

> vary.
> >

> You were right on the money, the other two people are just pessimists

making
> it up as they go along. EVERY single auction got an average of at least

5.00
> movie some where 7.00. So whoever said 3.00 movie, and fifty cents or 3-5
> is wrong.
>

> Bottom line it's 5.00+ not 3-5, not .50 it's 5.00++

I believe I said $3-$5. Then I said something akin to "you'd get more on
Ebay"

Read the whole post before you say others are making things up.

Mark W

news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

Are you bored with porn now?

SpiderManHouston

Check out half.com. I usually sell my dvd there.

Mike Kohary

JWB wrote:
> "Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c97mgu$io4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> JWB wrote:
>>> "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>> Used DVD's are essentially worthless. Unless you need the money for
>>> food, it's probably not worth selling them.

>> Are you joking? Do the math - even if he gets only $5 per disc and
>> no more, that's $500. Heck, at your overly pessimistic $3
>> prediction, that's still $300. If you think that's "essentially
>> worthless", drop me a line so I can send you my address, Mr. Blank
>> Check.

> heh heh - yea, I'm rollin'
>
> But he does take a major hit on what he paid vs. what he gets. Like I
> said, if he needs the $ for food or whatnot, yea, go sell them. But
> would you sell your entire DVD collection for $5 each? I certainly
> wouldn't. I have a few titles I'd move at $5, but no more than that.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. It would all depend on what I wanted the
money for, as you say, if I were desperate for money for necessities, or
perhaps if I simply lost interest in movies or collecting DVDs for some
inexplicable reason.

Mike

Maureen Goldman

>"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?

You might try sending your list to www.secondspin.com, which sells
used DVDs and tapes online. I've only dealt with them as a buyer (four
orders, very satisfied). I've no idea how much they pay sellers. They
don't deal in bootlegs, incidentally.

Dick Sidbury

Maureen Goldman wrote:
>>"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>>On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?

> You might try sending your list to www.secondspin.com, which sells
> used DVDs and tapes online. I've only dealt with them as a buyer (four
> orders, very satisfied). I've no idea how much they pay sellers. They
> don't deal in bootlegs, incidentally.

You might also try to advertise them in your local newspaper. My paper
takes free ads for lots of stuff (not including cars). I've bought some
from a friend of mine for five dollars each.

dick

Hubert Borrmann

You might also try : www.mediaexchange123.com.
I delt with them a number of times and had no problems.
Good Luck,
Hubert.

"Maureen Goldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
> >On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?

> You might try sending your list to www.secondspin.com, which sells
> used DVDs and tapes online. I've only dealt with them as a buyer

(four
> orders, very satisfied). I've no idea how much they pay sellers.

They
> don't deal in bootlegs, incidentally.

Shadowhawk

I've had good luck with inetdvd.com. You'll get 6-12 bucks for most DVDs.

Oddly enough, they pay about $5.20 for some of the titles that I picked up at
Walmart for $5.50. So it's cheaper then renting them.

Later,
Shaun!
--------

The Shire Crew Returns with Devastated Lives the new album coming out June 29th
2004. Preview it at:

http://www.soundclick.com/shirecrew

delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!