Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How much do used DVD's go for?

How much do used DVD's go for?

HellRazor

"JWB" <(E-Mail Removed) actually, my e-mail is jwb3333 at excite dot com>
wrote in message news:sFytc.145659$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the ground,

> and
> > the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at

> completed
> > auctions.
> >
> > Search for DVD lots.

> so he got $5.60 each, and has to ship free.

Sounds like between $5 and $15...just like I said. Your mileage will vary.

EvilN8

I'll give you $300 for 'em all.

news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

David Z

I'm not sure about the US, but here in Australia a DVD which cost US$20 new,
will easily fetch US$8-US$10 second hand on Ebay.

A few months ago, I sold Mambo Italiano on Ebay and got US$30 for it.

news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

jayembee

"Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>
> On average how much can I expect for a used but pristine DVD?
>
> Maybe $10 each? Thanks

Unless some of them are rare titles/editions, you'd probably
be better off just donating them to your local library and
writing it off your taxes.

-- jayembee

Stan Brown

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>Unless some of them are rare titles/editions, you'd probably
>be better off just donating them to your local library and
>writing it off your taxes.

Remember that the "it" you write off is not retail price of a new
DVD but market value of a used DVD.

http://OakRoadSystems.com

Richard C.

"Big_Orange" <@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Once again nobody answering knows their butt from a hole in the
ground, and
: the OP is just as dumb because all he had to do is look on ebay at
completed
: auctions.
:
: Search for DVD lots.
:
:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...70&item=419004
1291
:
:
===================
Looks like that supports the posts that have been made.

Big_Orange

"HellRazor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Sounds like between $5 and $15...just like I said. Your mileage will

vary.

You were right on the money, the other two people are just pessimists making
it up as they go along. EVERY single auction got an average of at least 5.00
movie some where 7.00. So whoever said 3.00 movie, and fifty cents or 3-5
is wrong.

Bottom line it's 5.00+ not 3-5, not .50 it's 5.00++

B.O.

Mike Kohary

JWB wrote:
> "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
>>

> Used DVD's are essentially worthless. Unless you need the money for
> food, it's probably not worth selling them.

Are you joking? Do the math - even if he gets only $5 per disc and no more,
that's $500. Heck, at your overly pessimistic $3 prediction, that's still
$300. If you think that's "essentially worthless", drop me a line so I can
send you my address, Mr. Blank Check.

Mike

Impmon

On Fri, 28 May 2004 03:49:44 GMT, "JWB" <(E-Mail Removed) actually,
my e-mail is jwb3333 at excite dot com> wrote:

>so he got $5.60 each, and has to ship free.

Ship the lot via media mail.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

JWB

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c97mgu$io4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> JWB wrote:
> > "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:1Jvtc.756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I am going to sell my entire DVD collection of about 100 DVD's.
> >>

> > Used DVD's are essentially worthless. Unless you need the money for
> > food, it's probably not worth selling them.

> Are you joking? Do the math - even if he gets only $5 per disc and no

more,
> that's $500. Heck, at your overly pessimistic $3 prediction, that's still
> $300. If you think that's "essentially worthless", drop me a line so I

can
> send you my address, Mr. Blank Check.

heh heh - yea, I'm rollin'

But he does take a major hit on what he paid vs. what he gets. Like I said,
if he needs the $ for food or whatnot, yea, go sell them. But would you sell
your entire DVD collection for $5 each? I certainly wouldn't. I have a few
titles I'd move at $5, but no more than that.